CRASHED !!!! & seeking parts please?

Started by The moneypit, December 14, 2012, 16:43

The moneypit

Crashed the girlfriends car today in a combination of black ice and a concrete fence post.
Fence post 1/ Car 0.

So I'm seeking a front bumper, either fl or pfl, drivers wing and possibly a drivers headlight (preferably body panels in red)

What have you guys got stashed in your garages/sheds that could repair the damage done & are willing to sell me?

Forward thanks for any help.

EDIT: If anyone fancies posting up some links on 'how to" remove/refit a bumper,front,wing an headlight, that would be awesome after the sh1tty day I've had.
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

StuC

B4lls, not another one!

How are you holding up?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

The moneypit

Dodged the flying tea cups from the GF so I'm uninjured !!
Just joined the 100's of others who probably met the same fate (car wise) today.
Roads have bee MENTAL!!
Thanks for asking.

StuC

Only cups of tea, she went easy on you then!!   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:scared: :scared: s:scared:

The moneypit

There will be a price to pay (not just the repair bill) it's just not been discussed yet  s:) :) s:)

StuC

Quote from: "The moneypit"There will be a price to pay (not just the repair bill) it's just not been discussed yet  s:) :) s:)

Your brownie points tally equals zero now then?

The moneypit

About -500 I think.
I'm in the red 'big style'
Ha ha.

iPap

I think someone was selling red panels in the for sale forum.
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

The moneypit

Cheers ipap I'm on it.

dcod

Glad you're ok and you survived the missus.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

The moneypit

Quote from: "dcod"Glad you're ok and you survived the missus.
Cheers.
It's not the 1st time it's happened, also crashed her Beetle (twice) and a Puma.

^^^^
Not the best defence I know.

StuC

Can see where this is going...

YOU - Just gonna nip to the shops in the 2.
YOUR MISSUS - On what planet does that sound like a good idea?!?!  s;-) ;-) s;-)

The moneypit

Or better still. . . .

If your using mine . .  I'll use yours!! (that day will NEVER happen)  s:) :) s:)

Markb

Blame the tyres.....everyone else on here seems to  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

The moneypit

Gotta blame the pink fleshy thing holding the steering wheel. Ha.

StuC

Quote from: "The moneypit"Gotta blame the pink fleshy thing holding the steering wheel. Ha.
Mr Blobbly was driving?

The moneypit

More like this....

Ha.

uktotty

The colour of the car might help us find parts

mrzwei

Wake up at the back! How red is red!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Jay67

Quote from: "uktotty"The colour of the car might help us find parts

Quote from: "The moneypit"So I'm seeking a front bumper, either fl or pfl, drivers wing and possibly a drivers headlight (preferably body panels in red)

Russ the clue's in the bit that says 'red'   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

simers

3po colour code by any chance???
Feck the car once your ok... The Missus will get over it... Mine did haha... Brownie points back again after the last ditch excursion in the 2...
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

The moneypit

Quote from: "uktotty"The colour of the car might help us find parts
It's made up of the letters... E,D & R
  s:D :D s:D

stargazer30

Wheres the "This thread is worthless without pics" graphic when you need it.

Pics of the car, not the missus   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:    Hmm, actually feel free to post both, we don't mind.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

The moneypit

Quote from: "stargazer30"Wheres the "This thread is worthless without pics" graphic when you need it.

Pics of the car, not the missus   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:    Hmm, actually feel free to post both, we don't mind.

Pics (of the car) can follow tommorow when daylight comes if necessary.
Not really a good idea to point a camera at the GF @ the moment (for obvious reasons).

simers

Quote from: "The moneypit"
Quote from: "stargazer30"Wheres the "This thread is worthless without pics" graphic when you need it.

Pics (of the car) can follow tommorow when daylight comes if necessary.
Not really a good idea to point a camera at the GF @ the moment (for obvious reasons).
Oh I'd say that mate... There is a guy braking a red 2 over here if you want to try him for bits... I can pm number if you want...
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

Tags: