NOOOOOOO

Started by 2000mk3, December 20, 2012, 22:16

2000mk3

Some one has only gone and bumped my 2 and I've only had it a month, bonnet dented paint stripped off bumper and as per usual no note or details of guilty party  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  .......anyone know of a cheap blue bonnet also need a paint guy in the Swansea area please help

StuC

Gutted for you  s:-( :-( s:-(
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

simers

Absolutely sick for ya mate
Mr2 mk3 1.8vvti 01,93 mirage 1.5,94 pulsar 1.3, 00 306 2.0 hdi

If its not broke, don\'t fix it!!!!
The only way forward is sideways!!!! ;)

puma2

s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:  feel for you and a crap time of year to happen any time is crap mind when it comes to run away car  damage   scum  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:    s:flame: :flame: s:flame:

dcod

Sorry to hear it buddy. This has happened to me about 10 times over the 12 years of ownership ... dents 10 ... notes 0.

Hope you get it sorted soon and at a good price.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Jrichards20

That such a shame! At least is wasn't your fault. I have had my MR2 for just under a week. Yesterday it rained heavily during the day and driving home from work the back kicked out going round a corner and slammed the rear wheel into the kerb. Alloy is ruined and it seems more damage is done, the steering is complety out of alignment, to go straight I have to hold the steering wheel slightly to the left, and by the looks of it the rear wheel is crooked, possibly a wishbone but Im not sure. I have no idea how much it is going to cost me, will need to get it looked at ASAP!  s:( :( s:(
[strike]2005 Black - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]2004 Sable MR2 Roadster TURBO[/strike]
[strike]2000 Red - MR2 Roadster[/strike]
[strike]Lotus Elise S2 - Silver[/strike]
[strike]2000 Blue - MR2 V6 Roadster[/strike]
Street Triple 765 RS

Anonymous

Quote from: "Jrichards20"That such a shame! At least is wasn't your fault. I have had my MR2 for just under a week. Yesterday it rained heavily during the day and driving home from work the back kicked out going round a corner and slammed the rear wheel into the kerb. Alloy is ruined and it seems more damage is done, the steering is complety out of alignment, to go straight I have to hold the steering wheel slightly to the left, and by the looks of it the rear wheel is crooked, possibly a wishbone but I'm not sure. I have no idea how much it is going to cost me, will need to get it looked at ASAP!  s:( :( s:(

You are running the correct stagger and same make of tyre all round?

Jrichards20

Thats something that someone else told me a couple of days ago. I am trying to find details for the correct stagger. Tyres are the same all round. This is my first MR2 (first ever sportscar) im only twenty and don't know much about properly getting the right set up.
Street Triple 765 RS

Anonymous

If you did not have the correct, or even any stagger, that has most likely been a contributing factor.
Is the car a pre or post facelift?

onion86

Quote from: "Jrichards20"I am trying to find details for the correct stagger. Tyres are the same all round.
Try the Reference section  s;) ;) s;)   l viewtopic.php?f=46&t=24453 l

You should have:
Front: 185/55/15
Rear: 215/45/16

You have non-standard alloys but you still need to have stagger, are they some cheap brand too?
I run 205/40/17 215/40/17, there are 'better' choices for rears (i.e. 225/35/17) but it's just the finding tyres in those sizes, just maintain the rolling radius as close to those stock sizes as possible.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Jrichards20

Just went into toyota have quoted £1000 needs new shock absorber, control arm, suspension and strut. Thinking instead of the standard toyota parts go for better ones? or just keep to the normal ones.
Street Triple 765 RS

dj2k21

For that price you could buy some bc coilovers and some Megan trailing, toe and camber arms and there car will be a different animal then  s:) :) s:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Wabbitkilla

I cringed when  I saw this thread ... I had a similar thing done to mine, but not as extreme, there are some real scumbags about. I got a front lower control arm for £35 from a breaker on ebay ... so worth a try.

For sub £1000 you could get a full set of springs and shocks / adjustable coilovers.
Of course that would still need labour, so unless you're going to do it yourself / have friendly hands helping then it will cost you a bit to put right.

Commiserations ... perfect time of the year for some careless gimp to do this to you!   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Jrichards20

Just looking at my tires and i have 215/45/16 front and rear. continental premiumcontact2 tires on rear and bridgestone protenza 040 on the front. and wolfrace brooklands alloys and i might be wrong but i think they are 17"
Street Triple 765 RS

carolineasb

Don't think you should have same size on the front and the rear!  And they are different makes!
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

kentsmudger

Quote from: "Jrichards20"Just looking at my tires and i have 215/45/16 front and rear. continental premiumcontact2 tires on rear and bridgestone protenza 040 on the front. and wolfrace brooklands alloys and i might be wrong but i think they are 17"
The 16 in the tyre size means you have 16" wheels - and yes you should have the same make and model of tyres all round and wider on the rear for stagger
[size=85] Unichip, full Hayward & Scott exhaust, race cat and manifold - markiii pipe, K & N panel, EBC Ultimax Slotted Discs, EBC pads, TTE springs, Corky\'s Breastplate, front & rear strut braces, brass shift bushes, Hankook Ventus V12 Evos, CG-Lock. Bama deflector, Mongos, Devs key cover, TTE gear-knob. My car and my pics of other cars.

[centre] 'I am, and ever will be a white socks, pocket protector, nerdy engineer' - Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012) [/size][/centre]

Pavett1990

I know a sprayer he's cheap and does his work brilliantly.. He's converted his garage at home to a spray booth.. He's professional but cheap  s:D :D s:D  
It's in Bridgend btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

loadswine

Sorry to hear about both of these mishaps. I'd be inclined to go for decent used parts to sort the rear end bump, just to make sure everything is straight and true after replacement, before going for aftermarket items. I'd be making a priority of getting correct size tyres of matching makes on there too. I know its more money, but it is one of those areas I'd never skimp on.
If you weren't too far away, I'd be prepared to help out with removing bits.  s;) ;) s;)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Tags: