Team dynamics pro race wheels

Started by donnac, January 3, 2013, 17:29

donnac

Hello, I would like to buy the team dynamics pro race 1.2 alloys in anthracite.

Can anyone tell me the best wheel and tyre size to buy.

It's a prefacelift car with a v6 engine so i thought that the 15/16" would help,

Also anyone know who will sell them in 15/16"

What tyres are recommended and which size?

Thanks

Donna  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
2002 Blue Roadster

steve b

Just phone Rimstock they will do you whatever you want.

Tyres I recommend not being a cheapskate and fitting Elise tyres such as Yoko Advan Neovas 195 front 225 rear, designed for a car very similar to ours.

m http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show ... van-neova/ m
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

donnac

Quote from: "steve b"Just phone Rimstock they will do you whatever you want.

Tyres I recommend not being a cheapskate and fitting Elise tyres such as Yoko Advan Neovas 195 front 225 rear, designed for a car very similar to ours.

Thanks for the quick reply Steve,

Would

15" x 6" et45 front

16" x 7" et45 rear

Be the best sizes?

Or would 6.5" be best on the front with 7" on the rear?

Are bridgestone re040 or Yokohama a043 no good?

I've also had Toyo before but not on a roadster
2002 Blue Roadster

donnac

If I went for yoke advan neovas

Front. 195 / ? / 15

Rear.  225 / ? / 16

What sizes would the ? Be?

Thanks  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
2002 Blue Roadster

steve b

Sizes look fine, thats what the facelifted cars have as standard.

I prefer 195 up front over 185 the A043 comes in, the Elise spec ones are true performance tyres with really stiff side walls, you have a bit more power than stock as well  s:) :) s:)  .
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

steve b

Designed and tested specifically for the Lotus Elise by Yokohama Japan.

In our opinion there is simply no better value for money tyre that offers the same performance / grip / lifespan for your Elise.

Sizes are:

Front:  195 x 50 x 15

Rear:   225 x 45 x 16

Also give AD08's a look as well, big block pattern  semi track day tyre.

donnac

Thanks Steve,

Rimstock don't list 6" wide in the pro race 1.2, to keep it wider on the back would 7" front and8" rear go on ok?

I find this all very confusing  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Just want to go to a shop armed with the exact alloy and tyre size Which is best for me  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
2002 Blue Roadster

steve b

Myself today I've gone with / ordered :-

15x7 ET37 OZ Ultraleggeras 195/50 AD08's
16x7 ET37 OZ Ultraleggeras 225/45 AD08's

This is kind of because I had a full set of 15" OZ floating about from an MX5 project and decided to use them on the front of the MR2, I had to order 16"'s for the rear.

I had TD Pro Race 1.2's on my VX220 very nice looking wheel especially in graphite, the guys at rimstock said they machine blacks to whatever offsets wanted, but width yep, nothing can be done about that.  It'll just support the tyre more when going wider no bad thing, just a touch heavier.

donnac

So if I go 7" on the front should I go 8" rear or 7" all round?

And et45 will be ok with 8"?

What's the benefit of et37?

Thanks  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
2002 Blue Roadster

Jubal

These are ET38 Pro Race 1.2's on my car. Up to you how much you want them to fit into the arch. ET38 seems to mirror the std wheel on my car.

donnac

Quote from: "Jubal"These are ET38 Pro Race 1.2's on my car. Up to you how much you want them to fit into the arch. ET38 seems to mirror the std wheel on my car.

Hi jubal,

Thanks for the post, what size alloys have you gone for? And tyres?

I don't want the wheels to stick out the arches just fit nice like the oem ones,

Thanks

D  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
2002 Blue Roadster

Jubal

Quote from: "donnac"Hi jubal,

Thanks for the post, what size alloys have you gone for? And tyres?

I don't want the wheels to stick out the arches just fit nice like the oem ones,

Thanks

D  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

I am on 205 50 15 all round. It's set up for the track but it gets a bit of road use too.

MattPerformance

Quote from: "Jubal"These are ET38 Pro Race 1.2's on my car. Up to you how much you want them to fit into the arch. ET38 seems to mirror the std wheel on my car.

Just for completeness Jubal has a LOT of camber for his track set-up so it's not altogether representative.  et37 wheels will come out 8mm relative to the stock wheel but you also have to factor in the rim width and how it affects how the tyre sits on the rim.  Jubal also has 195(/50) tyres on the front on a 7" rim so

Going for a lower offset (compared to et45) will also cause the car to tram line more.  Not a problem for a track car as tramlining is an occupational hazard on normal roads!

With the Pro Comp range what out for design changes as you go through the wheel range: e.g. the 7x17 look very different to the 8x17 which in turn is very different to the 9x17!!  This has been a common complaint by the Lotus boys whose 8x17 rears look completely different to their 7x16 fronts.  They've all got 12 spokes but they do look very different (it's all to do with wheel loadings, offset ranges and caliper clearances).

steve b

This is a 15x7" ET37 Oz, with 195/50 it doesn't stick out from the car,not that its the best photo to tell from.

Stock Facelifted setup but with 225/45 & 195/50 :-

Not a huge difference with where wheels sit compared to a 15x6, ET45 a 15x7, ET37 give 5mm less inner clearance and extends out 21mm from stock.  Rear ET45 to ET37 gives 8mm more inner clearance & extends out 8mm more.

donnac

Ok,

Thanks for the posts,

I want 15" front and 16" rear

So front is 15" x7"

So do I order 16"x 7" for rear or 16" x 8"

And which et for stock looking fit in the arches?

Thanks.

Does staggered mean 15" on front and 16" on rear  s:| :| s:|  
  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
2002 Blue Roadster

steve b

I'd stick to 7 inch rear as that's fine for 225 tyres and no point going wider so no point in an extra inch of rim width  :-) :-) :-)

steve b

P.s ET 45 is stock so same width rear will mean ET45 again will keep the wheel in the same place.  Front you are going an inch wider do in an ideal world you want a 45 again so that your front wheel is 13mm wider on both onside and outside, provided of course clearance isn't an issue on the inside.

dcod

Quote from: "donnac"Does staggered mean 15" on front and 16" on rear  s:| :| s:|  
  s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:

Staggered means different widths. Rears should ideally be 20 wider than front. (185 front, 205 rear ... 195 front, 215 rear)
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

loadswine

I had experience of running a V6 roadster for 4 years and had 17 x 8" rears. With the instant torque available at almost any revs, you might benefit from the wider rear setup. Mine was always very stable that way. I ran 245/35/17 on the back. They were the SP12 wheels, which are very similar to the pro race 1.2s. Certainly the stagger and balance that Matt designed in with his wheel package worked really well.
I am interested to see which car you went for. Would it be the black one that had been off the road for a while?
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

AckersMR2

Quote from: "dcod"Rears should ideally be 20 wider than front.

On the facelift I think that went up to 30, mine came with 185 front 215 rear and their Bridgestone 040's so I'm guessing the previous owners just replaced like for like each time from new?
My only car is a Ducati 

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "AckersMR2"
Quote from: "dcod"Rears should ideally be 20 wider than front.

On the facelift I think that went up to 30, mine came with 185 front 215 rear and their Bridgestone 040's so I'm guessing the previous owners just replaced like for like each time from new?

Correct, on the FL 30 is the difference, but experience has shown that 20 works well.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

dcod

Quote from: "AckersMR2"On the facelift I think that went up to 30, mine came with 185 front 215 rear and their Bridgestone 040's so I'm guessing the previous owners just replaced like for like each time from new?

You learn something new everyday.   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

StuC

Quote from: "loadswine"Would it be the black one that had been off the road for a while?

He still wants £3.5K for it!! I found it on the DNA website. Did someone say denial?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  
Its not that one  s;-) ;-) s;-)
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

loadswine

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "loadswine"Would it be the black one that had been off the road for a while?

He still wants £3.5K for it!! I found it on the DNA website. Did someone say denial?  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

ouch, that's 2750 too much!
Intrigued to see the OP's V6!   s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

StuC

Quote from: "loadswine"
Quote from: "StuC"

ouch, that's 2750 too much!
Intrigued to see the OP's V6!   s:) :) s:)

You and me both!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Tags: