Toyo Tyre Myth

Started by 2 of the left, January 9, 2013, 21:30

2 of the left

Reading the posts on here about these tyres I was led to believe that the manufacture of T1R's had ceased! - Well according to SE Tyres in Farlington, Portsmouth - This is not the case - They deal with Toyo direct and fitted my 2's four corners with them today (£316 all in) and put the pressures in that I wanted (26F/36R)  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:    s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

dcod

Great news, I'll probably need a forth (!) set of rears to match my first set of fronts before they run out ...
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

steve-m-uk

Just got a pair of T1-R's for the rear of mine 225 40 16 £155 delivered from mytyres, happy with that, will need the fronts before the highland drive in April i reckon.
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

Anonymous

I said I would like to see something official to say they had been discontinued but nobody could show any proof even though they were adamant.    l viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35696&hilit= l

dj2k21

I heard from a reliable source that the t1r has been super ceded by the new t1s due out soon, it's flooding the jap market now
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

2 of the left

Quote from: "dj2k21"I heard from a reliable source that the t1r has been super ceded by the new t1s due out soon, it's flooding the jap market now
The guy who fitted mine today debunked that - T1R's are still being manufactured and there is nothing on the horizon to  supercede them!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Nickcv

I had a full set fitted just before Xmas, no difficulty gettting hold of them.

Anonymous

I assume from this discussion that these tyres are well-thought of in MR2 circles then? I'm looking to replace all four of my tyres very soon. I don't push my MR2 too hard, and living in Scotland means that grip in the wet is pretty important...

Anonymous

yeah... why do we rate these tyres over the others?

dcod

Quote from: "dj vinxy"yeah... why do we rate these tyres over the others?

Value for money.   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

steve-m-uk

The Toyos are great tyres, grip well and have a reasonable life for a fair price, you can pay a lot more for other tyres but they aren't that much better to warrant the extra cost.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

iPap

Awfully soft sidewalls spoil the ride!
2001, Black MR2, Elise Leather Seats, Aircon and Factory TTE Kit, BC Coilovers, SP Brace, Corkys Front Brace, Devs\' Front Bushes, Rebuilt Toyota 1ZZ Engine, Head and Six Speed Box, Cobra Twin Exhaust, Decat Manifold, Short Shift and Solid Bushes, etc...

Wabbitkilla

We are not going to get into the discussion again are we?
Look in tyre reviews in the performance section of the forum, you will see many people are happy with the T1-R's, so long as you follow a little advice.
They are good value for money, they handle well but need above oem pressures, normally 26lbft front and 36lbft rear as they do have softer sidewalls from the oem tyres.

I always thought the "news" that T1-R's were discontinues was utter tosh ... T1-S were the previous version, T1-R are a very good seller for Toyo.
The R1-R is in a different league of tyre and more expensive.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Anonymous

Thanks folks, and apologies if I've revived old arguments.

Cost is an issue (as I may not keep the car much longer) and grip in the wet is desirable (in case I do). Looking at  m http://www.mytres.co.uk m  is looks as though I've a choice between Falken FK-452, Avon ZZ3, and the Toyo T1-R... except that's the for the rears, and as I've read here that it's best to have all four corners the same it seems that the Toyo T1-R is the only choice. Pity, as they seem to not be rated highly in the wet.

dcod

You said you don't push your car hard anyway ... you'll be fine with them    s:D :D s:D   Just make sure you use the correct pressures.

Tags: