Which manifold?

Started by Krissg, January 26, 2013, 19:46

origgs

Are there specific tools needed to remove the o2 sensors?

redcarblackhorse

Quote from: "origgs"Are there specific tools needed to remove the o2 sensors?

Yes there is a special long socket with a hole in the side (to allow the sensor cable to come out). I got mine down at my local autofactor. Think it was less than £10 but well worth it.
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

redcarblackhorse

Quote from: "Barney Bear"I had no problems with the heat shields must of been lucky

me too:-)
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

mrzwei

Quote from: "origgs"Are there specific tools needed to remove the o2 sensors?

There is a special spanner which gets over the problem of the wires but it can be done without. I think it may have been Frogger who described how. Someone will know.

Soooooo slow   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

origgs

I know this is lame but can somebody give me a link for the required gaskets. I cant seem to find them.

Anonymous

I used a 22mm ring spanner. Just put the plug through the hole of the spanner and job done.

redcarblackhorse

Quote from: "origgs"I know this is lame but can somebody give me a link for the required gaskets. I cant seem to find them.

l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26725&p=329060&hilit=manifold+gasket+part+number#p329060 l
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

origgs

Thanks very much for the help.

BadalG

Hi guys,

Just got an mr2.   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  Read quite a few things about the precats. It's 2004 60k miles but I think it's the best to get rid of them. Thinking of changing the manifold but I found few on eBay and don't know which should I go for. Can you help???

OldMan

If your Porsche is not anhydrous, there IS a substitute.

AckersMR2

Yeah what he said  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Welcome along by the way  s;-) ;-) s;-)
My only car is a Ducati 

Tags: