Cleaning Leather Seats

Started by Anonymous, June 6, 2004, 11:31

Anonymous

Up until now my fellow cheeky chappies, I have been using this:

(Turtle Wax leather wipes) to keep my seats, door panels and gaiter in A1 condition.  While the wipes were convenient in thay they did an OK job of cleaning and were disposable, one downside was that they did leave my seats feeling a bit stiff.

However, yesterday I bought some of this stuff:

(Carplan Leather Cleaner) and crap Auto Express Review aside, I have to say my seats feel like new!  Its a bit messy to apply, but if you spray it onto a cotton cloth first and then work it into the leather, it works wonders!  Seats are now softer, clean and have that 'new leather' smell back...   s:D :D s:D  

At £5.99 a can its also pretty good value for money as you don't have to use much.

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Slacey

I use the Autoglym cleaner & conditioner, which are great... but as I have been converted to Meguiars cleaning products, I may have to try their leather stuff as the ewview you linked to rated it highly.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

MRMike

Yeah I used Autoglym leather car on my previous car, always thought it was good stuff, although I often found it made the seats slightly 'shiny'
[size=75]*Sold 03 UK spec, silver, Red Interior TTE Twin, Euro spoiler, TTE Chrome roll bar, Blitz Induction, VVTI Badged, Pioneer SAT Nav/DAB Tuner, Boston Acoustics Components, Boston amp, Gtech Pro C, TRD Gearknob, B&M linkage, Bama Deflector, Chrome dials, Corky Breast Plate, TTE springs,

Then.. Blue 350Z
and den....black S2000 with red leather interior  
and den.... New Imola Orange S2000
and den.....BMW Z4 3.0 - Understeer!!!![/size]
NOW M3 V8

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I use the Autoglym cleaner & conditioner, which are great... but as I have been converted to Meguiars cleaning products, I may have to try their leather stuff as the ewview you linked to rated it highly.
I only came across that Auto Express review when I was looking for pictures to link to   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    Had I known beforehand I might have gone for a better-rated product, such as the Meguiars.  However, I'm still happy with the Carplan stuff - the leather is definitely more supple and it feels more comfortable to sit in while driving   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

I use Turtle wax - Leather cleaner and conditioner. (green and yellow bottle).

I got it for the Volvo - and seeing as I only did the seats 3 or 4 times I had loads left. I may look into other products when it runs out.

Seems to work fine altough I will say that it worked much better in the Volvo!

At least there is only 2 seats to do now.

Anonymous

I use Meguiars Gold Class Leather Cleaner Conditioner as it was recommended by Auto Express and I must say it is pretty good and 6.99 from  w www.speeding.co.uk w  Havent used anything else but it does the trick and does leave the seats nice and soft for a while.

Anonymous

johnsons baby wipes. cheap and do the job of cleaning and keeping the leather supple  s;-) ;-) s;-)

Tags: