Which Exhaust?

Started by Rafsmr2, February 19, 2013, 17:30

Rafsmr2

Hey guy's I am now thinking if getting a new exhaust system and confused as to which one I should go for, could do with some help, do I go for the TTE or the quad from proflow who suggested a sport cat or the cobra quad, any help you guys can give me would be a great help, the car is all standard with a full toyota service history so tempted at the TTE system.

Krissg

check this out mate.
everything u could want to know on exhausts.
depends what you main aim is? looks? noisy/quiet?
2003 MR2 Red....watch this space!
Ex- MR2, black MSD kit.

Rafsmr2

Something that looks good and sounds sporty not too crazy loud which I think the cobra may be.

Rafsmr2

Correction powerflow and not proflow

Pavett1990

Longlife do a good exhaust for the '2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Krissg

I found the lads at longlife a bit expensive but zorstec at Shipley were spot on!
I have a TTE box with stainless manifold which sounds awesome, possibly thinking of a decat or sports cat though for a bit more depth!  s:) :) s:)
Ex- MR2, black MSD kit.

steve-m-uk

I'd give zorstec a wide berth, they aren't what they used to be.Both myself and Pete had problems there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

Pavett1990

Longlife are a little expensive if any of you would travel to Swansea I can get you big discounts at the Swansea branch lol

Krissg

Quote from: "steve-m-uk"I'd give zorstec a wide berth, they aren't what they used to be.Both myself and Pete had problems there.

really? I heard that Pete had been back a few times due to noise but thought there after sales was pretty good.
he made the pipes for my TTE box, didn't make them how I wanted but when I told him he just cut them and changed it to how I wanted!  s:) :) s:)
Ex- MR2, black MSD kit.

steve430

i can recommend longlife too. although i used the one in leeds, still excellent! very nice piece of kit. just starting to make a nice bobbly popy sound now too without being overly loud.   s:) :) s:)

Pavett1990

Quote from: "steve430"i can recommend longlife too. although i used the one in leeds, still excellent! very nice piece of kit. just starting to make a nice bobbly popy sound now too without being overly loud.   s:) :) s:)

All bedding in now then?

Rafsmr2

I will take a look at Longlife, they are also in Basingstoke which is near me, so that could be handy.

Pavett1990

They are a lil expensive tho you'll probably be looking in the region of £450+

Rafsmr2

I have been quoted £550 for the TTE system by inchcape Toyota

steve-m-uk

Quote from: "Krissg"
Quote from: "steve-m-uk"I'd give zorstec a wide berth, they aren't what they used to be.Both myself and Pete had problems there.

really? I heard that Pete had been back a few times due to noise but thought there after sales was pretty good.
he made the pipes for my TTE box, didn't make them how I wanted but when I told him he just cut them and changed it to how I wanted!  s:) :) s:)

Yes that's the problem, they don't listen to what you want, they do it wrong and then it has to go back,meaning car off the road , fine if it's your second car but not acceptable if you need the car for work.
 Pete had many issues with them but that's upto him to post or not.
 Tony Banks exhausts in Leeds however are brilliant and make a much better system , they listen to what you want and build it how you want.

Now a member of the ding day "hide by the bins" club  s]

loadswine

It all depends on what you are after. The Cobra is nice, but loud for some, then there is Hayward and Scott, ( one of the very best if they still do them). Then you have the ones available from the US , like Che and the Team Moon, which are pretty darn decent.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Quote from: "Krissg"

It seems to be a pattern....I gave them a set of TTE tail pipes and said copy them exactly but with the quad tips,had to return as they were not copied exactly and I had to have one tailpipe lengthened at the connection to the back box and the other side shortened just to get them to sit evenly between the bumper.Like everyone else has said "Got there in the end but took a few visits".

Krissg

That's a real shame as they seemed like decent guys when I was there BUT now you mention it I asked for the pipes as wide apart as possible but he made them to come straight down saying "the leg is in the way" but after a 30 second look I had found a pretty simple solution that included 2 more bends.......got there in the end!!
Ex- MR2, black MSD kit.

wotugonado

"I have been quoted £550 for the TTE system by inchcape Toyota"

Try here

m http://www.burrowstoyotaparts.co.uk/mr2 ... -i389.html m

not sure whether its in stock, but you can ask.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Rafsmr2

Spoke to these guys, inchcape matched them on price

Rafsmr2

Have you guys heard of ukteknics in Maidenhead?

Mark A

I've just fitted CHE rear box, good quality, a little loud but I'm sure it will settle down. £200 shipped from the USA. Only downside is I had to trim the rear bumper for the two central pipes to fit.

Rafsmr2

I rather like the look of a quad system, very 'sporty'

redcarblackhorse

Quote from: "Mark A"I've just fitted CHE rear box, good quality, a little loud but I'm sure it will settle down. £200 shipped from the USA. Only downside is I had to trim the rear bumper for the two central pipes to fit.

I have a Che too - great sound. I did not have to trim the bumper. Got mine form the USA too.
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

Mark A

Yeah mine seems to sit very high, either way for the money I'm happy

Tags: