Induction system mod.(Pics added)

Started by Zonda_, February 21, 2013, 20:54

Zonda_

Car going in next week to have the BMC type carbon enclosed airbox fitted.  After discussions with my garage it's going to be mounted at the rear of the engine bay low down to channel the coldest air straight into the engine and keep it the furthest distance from the heat sources.  Standard air box set up will be removed along with the markiii pipe so look out for them in the for sale section in the near future if you're looking for them.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

dj2k21

Will be mounted in the same place as mine then I guess  s:) :) s:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

redcarblackhorse

WIll you post some pics when its done?
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

Zonda_

Certainly will.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

FGrob

Do you mean the same location as the PPE ?? This is the best place for drawing cold air.

Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

onion86

I think he means more where the AEM goes Rob, but the PPE placement is no doubt the best place.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

FGrob

Quote from: "onion86"I think he means more where the AEM goes Rob, but the PPE placement is no doubt the best place.
I wasn't sure to be honest Stu, I went through the pain of different postions if you remember and certainly the PPE position (or other makes positioned the same) won hands down - especially in traffic etc.
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

nathanMR2

+1 IIRC you did take some persuading on the PPE Rob  s;) ;) s;)

Still miss my PPE  s:( :( s:(
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

FGrob

Quote from: "nathanMR2"+1 IIRC you did take some persuading on the PPE Rob  s;) ;) s;)

Still miss my PPE  s:( :( s:(
Yep to right there Nath.  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:    s:D :D s:D    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Zonda_

Quote from: "FGrob"Do you mean the same location as the PPE ?? This is the best place for drawing cold air.

Yes, that's where it going. I thought the battery would have to be moved but evidently not!

onion86

I was wrong then, I got confused with what 'rear of the engine bay' meant  s:) :) s:)
Good choice of location, let us know how you get on.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

dj2k21

Been speaking to to. About this today zonda, hes told me the plans using a silicone elbow. Should work well that; slightly diff to mine as I moved battery to the front to make way for charge cooler.

[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

Yes,  enough space for it to be fitted without moving the battery so it's all good.

dj2k21

Yeah once u remove all the parts that are unnecessary in the bay there is loads and loads of room indeed.

Zonda_

And I'll be able to sell the original induction system.

dj2k21

Yeah thats true. Always be somebody wanting to put a standard one back on I guess. Any other plans for it once this is done bud?

Zonda_

There are always plans,  depends if I get the new job as to whether I can proceed though! I'd like a new exhaust.

dj2k21

Yeah ive got loads of plans now lol. Want this new spoiler ive been after for a while and I think tom is wanting to twin turbo mine now rather than stay single lol should be entertaining lol

Zonda_

I'd like a spoiler but cosmetic mods come after performance for me! I have a problem with my brakes that needs investigation too

dj2k21

Ahhh right yeah tom seems to be doing millions of them at the moment lol

Zonda_

I dunno what's wrong,  plenty of stuff on the pads and discs seem fine but making a terrible groaning under braking.

dj2k21

Hmmmm sounds wierd.  Those ebc brakes can make noises like, im sure tom will figure it out like.

Zonda_

Woohoo,  this is finally being fitted along with my short shifter tomorrow,  brake upgrade is being looked at too.  I love it when a plan comes together!

dj2k21

Great stuff mate. Im going down tomorrow to sort out our japfest stand so I will have a nosey

Zonda_

I'll be there at 1.30, where is Japfest,  I might go!

Tags: