Induction system mod.(Pics added)

Started by Zonda_, February 21, 2013, 20:54

dj2k21

Its at castle combe mate in may
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

Just back from picking it up and have to say I'm delighted! No noise difference at tick over but a lovely roar that builds under acceleration but never becomes boomy.  Engine response from low revs is much better which resulted in me nearly being caught out while exiting a roundabout   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:   to be fair it was wet but I gave it the normal power I would always have used and lit up the rear!  Pics to follow as soon as it stops raining.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

dj2k21

Glad tom worked his magic for u zonda. Looked a well put together kit when he was doing it yesterday
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

Bah! I've not seen it yet!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

dj2k21

Aye its very similar to my set up mate. Nice exhaust will really set it off  s:) :) s:)

ray835

can you give us a breakdown of the bits you had to get thinking of doing mine   s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

Zonda_

I got a BMC style carbon airbox from Car Builder Solutions,  exactly the same as a BMC but only £60 odd quid,  I also bought a Spectre Performance MAF adaptor from Amazon America off all places! I scoured all the online car part shops in the UK but none had them.  It came from the States in 7 days for £30 delivered.  Tom at Future Racing Developments then ordered 2 silicon hoses so it could be mounted where he wanted it,  I haven't seen these yet but they were £25 from eBay. I'll get pictures put up as soon as I can.  So far if you want a system to get you car breathing better with a bit more noise you can't fall off for the cost.

ray835

sounds good to me   s8) 8) s8)
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

dj2k21

Think I still have all the receipts for the stuff I ordered for mine like mate

One straight silicone
2 45 degree silicones
The cbs carbon filter
2 samco hose joiners
Few micalor clamps

Sorted  s:) :) s:)

ray835

would sound well with the cobra exhaust ....

dj2k21

Yeah I have mine coupled with a veilside exhaust and it sounds epic

Zonda_

Stop it! I'm skint...

dj2k21

Bracing is key to be honest on a standard power roadster.it honestly transforms the car

Zonda_

I know but I'm not sure what to go for in that respect.

JiMR2

Front strut upper brace and under body breastplate with out a doubt!  s:) :) s:)  

Nathan's running a group buy on a load of bracing bits n bobs at the mo!
AKA Cinnamon Jim

dj2k21

Front upper brace
Rear upper brace
Belly brace
Front lower brace
Rear lower brace
Anti roll bars

Thats ur basic choices

The biggest difference u will notice is
Front upper brace
Belly brace

After that I would do anti roll bars

Then u have the remaining ones and also the option of polybushing the car too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "dj2k21"Front upper brace
Rear upper brace
Belly brace
Front lower brace
Rear lower brace
Anti roll bars

Thats ur basic choices

The biggest difference u will notice is
Front upper brace
Belly brace

After that I would do anti roll bars

Then u have the remaining ones and also the option of polybushing the car too.

You forgot the side bracing. But on a side note I have all that bracing and I can jack up one corner but lift three corners off the ground at once.

dj2k21

Yeah I dont count the side bracing because its not bolt on.

Yeah I know what u mean. Mine is so stiff its unreal! (Cars pretty stiff too) lol jokes

No but seriously my car handles like a wasp now

Zonda_

I used to be able to lift 3 wheels on my Golf it was that stiff, mind it had a fortune spent on it...

Zonda_

Ok here are the pics, you can't see much given where it's located but you should get the idea.

In case you're wondering, the bit of wood is a TRD item for when someone's replaced the battery with a smaller size and the bracket doesn't fit anymore!

dj2k21

Speak to tom he has some good pics from underneath. .. I must say though ur engine bay is shamefully dirty... tut tut lol

Zonda_

It's bad enough cleaning the bits you can see!

dj2k21

Dont be so defeatist.  Get the bay cleaned up and u will feel loads better lol

Zonda_

Happy now!?  And no I'm not spending any more time on it today, it's started snowing!

dj2k21

Doesnt look like you have touched it... get some elbow grease on their young man

There something like that.. spit and polish lol

Tags: