Induction system mod.(Pics added)

Started by Zonda_, February 21, 2013, 20:54

ray835

oi!!!!...leave him alone....its for driving not polishing   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  ya tart
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

dj2k21

Hahah a clean car is a happy car...

The dirt that sits in ur engine bay and body work means the air passing through isnt a smooth flow and is disrupted meaning more drag at speed and ultimately a massive loss of power.. upto 0.00001 bhp in some cases, a power that can only be gained back through at least 3 magic tree air fresheners .... fact!
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

Quote from: "dj2k21"Hahah a clean car is a happy car...

The dirt that sits in ur engine bay and body work means the air passing through isnt a smooth flow and is disrupted meaning more drag at speed and ultimately a massive loss of power.. upto 0.00001 bhp in some cases, a power that can only be gained back through at least 3 magic tree air fresheners .... fact!

I just make sure I have a big dump before I go for a drive to lighten the load!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

dj2k21

Oh jesus haha... too much info haha
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

ray835

and that piece of decking wood looks rough and needs sanding for better streamlining   s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:    s:crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: s:crazyeyes:
2000 silver to match my hair,team dynamics pro-race 3, silver hard top, cobra twin tip stainless system bmc cda carbon filter Taiwanese rear boot lip spoiler sheila\'s wheels tax disc holder

Zonda_

I just need someone with more skill than me to alter/fabricate a new bracket!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Zonda_

Image from underneath the car.

ray835

Quote from: "Zonda_"I just need someone with more skill than me to alter/fabricate a new bracket!
just get a length of 6mm threaded stud bar cut to desired length bend one end so it hooks into holes couple of wing nuts on tuther end then clamp down the cross piece that holds battery in place

Zonda_

See I wouldn't even know where to buy threaded bar!

dj2k21

B&Q  s:) :) s:)

ray835

any nut and bolt supplier or merchant just do a google for you area or yellow pages

ray835

Quote from: "FGrob"Do you mean the same location as the PPE ?? This is the best place for drawing cold air.

which induction kit is this one

FGrob

Quote from: "ray835"
Quote from: "FGrob"Do you mean the same location as the PPE ?? This is the best place for drawing cold air.
which induction kit is this one
PPE   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

ray835

looks very neat ,any uk suppliers of these   s:) :) s:)

nathanMR2

Nope. Import from the states but very expensive. Great bit of kit though, still miss mine  s:( :( s:(
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

jamiepeters29

gonna get a cbs enclosed filter.....what size silicone hose do i need theres so many on ebay?

ray835

70 mm

Zonda_

Quote from: "jamiepeters29"gonna get a cbs enclosed filter.....what size silicone hose do i need theres so many on ebay?

You will need a MAF adaptor with this. I had to get mine from Amazon in the states. Its made by Spectre Performance.

jamiepeters29

cheers will look these up now   s:D :D s:D

p3t3

have a look at this too. I use it to make my induction up.

m http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show ... -air-feed/ m
Any landing you walk away from is a good one!

Zonda_

Very similar to what I used but mine was a fraction of the price including delivery from america.

rudycob1

Hi guys,
Can you list the required parts that you used, prices, etc.
MAF adapter, what size, type.
CBS box. Hoses required and sizes .
Did you have to get the car re tuned or simply buy and fit.
Thanks

dkirkwood89

Brilliant threat!! def going to follow suit   s:D :D s:D  

Quote from: "Zonda_"Very similar to what I used but mine was a fraction of the price including delivery from america.

Just wondering if the mount is still lasting well or would it have been worth while paying for the  more expensive? And if the BMC carbon style one is still lasting well?
2004 Red Edition, Hard Top, TRD Short Shifter, CBS CDA Induction Kit

dj2k21

I can confirm.. 5 years on and it's going strong still.. perfect  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

Is it a BMC? That's what I'm thinking of going for, sounds like they last well

Tags: