Induction system mod.(Pics added)

Started by Zonda_, February 21, 2013, 20:54

dkirkwood89

Quote from: "dj2k21"

I can confirm.. 5 years on and it's going strong still.. perfect  s:) :) s:)

Cheers

Very clean engine bay by the way  s:) :) s:)
2004 Red Edition, Hard Top, TRD Short Shifter, CBS CDA Induction Kit

dkirkwood89

Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Is it a BMC? That's what I'm thinking of going for, sounds like they last well

Are you thinking of going down the genuine BMC route, or for the Car Builder Solutions replica? From what dj said above the replica seems to last well

Anonymous

Quote from: "dkirkwood89"
Quote from: "Meeerrrk"Is it a BMC? That's what I'm thinking of going for, sounds like they last well

Are you thinking of going down the genuine BMC route, or for the Car Builder Solutions replica? From what dj said above the replica seems to last well
I was thinking he BMC but if there is a replica which is as good, share the details!!?

dkirkwood89

Quote from: "Zonda_"I got a BMC style carbon airbox from Car Builder Solutions,  exactly the same as a BMC but only £60 odd quid

Zonda/dj - was this the one you used? - http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/remote-carbon-fibre-canister-air-filter

if it is, it's a lot cheaper than the genuine BMC one, and by what dj said it lasts and works just as well

dj2k21

The car builder one is the one I bought originally and then put zonda and the others onto buying it I've compared it to a genuine.. believe me... its not a replica. . Your paying for the BMC sticker thst comes with it lol
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

dkirkwood89

Quote from: "dj2k21"Think I still have all the receipts for the stuff I ordered for mine like mate

One straight silicone
2 45 degree silicones
The cbs carbon filter
2 samco hose joiners
Few micalor clamps

Sorted  s:) :) s:)

What bore size of silicone hoses did you get and why did you end up with 2 45degree ones and a striaght one - was this to get it down behind the rear light?

And (sorry for my ignorance here) what did you need the hose joiners for?

dkirkwood89

Quote from: "dj2k21"The car builder one is the one I bought originally and then put zonda and the others onto buying it I've compared it to a genuine.. believe me... its not a replica. . Your paying for the BMC sticker thst comes with it lol

haha that suits me ok. maybe get my own logo made up...

dj2k21

Honestly can't remember the size at all. It may have been 76mm but I would have to physically check..  well I had to use the hose joiners to join 2 bits of silicone together to achieve the desired length but my pipework will be alot different to yours with mine being turbo.

I will nip out and take some pics in the garage for you
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

dj2k21

Here you can see the air filter and the silicone hoses I use as a cold air feed. The bends are joined together using hose joiners as seen on the picture.

Next you see where it's mounted on the chassis of the car. Then the silicone hose after the filter is heat wrapped to prevent both Melting and heat soak from the exhaust system

Next is just a close up picture of the hose joiners for you.  I'm still unsure of the size however the cbs part does come with its own ducting it just wasn't suited to me that's all so at least you could fit it before upgrading to silicone.  Pretty sure it's 3 inch though.

Lastly you can see yet another hose joiner joining the silicone bend onto the intake side of the turbo.

Apologies for the dirt the cars not been used in 18 months

dkirkwood89

Ah didn't realise about the turbo lol cheers great help

Going to check with my insurance after work how it will affect it then get buying  :-) :-) :-)  

Did you get the filter from car builders?

Dale

Anonymous

Thanks from me too, I'll order one from car builders I think

dkirkwood89

I'm gona have a look to see if I can pick one up cheaper anyway else (doubt it though) - I'll let you know if I do

Anonymous

That'd be great, thank you  s:D :D s:D

dj2k21

Yeah I got mine from cbs but then I spread the word about this amazing product and the price shot up because they must have cottoned on that they were selling loads lol

Anonymous

There are a few choices on eBay with 3" inlet / outlet for around £50.

But I would probably get the cbs one as it's known good quality

dkirkwood89

lol I was just coming back on here to say the same thing, going to just go with cbs

if all goes ok when I ring my insurance tomorrow I'll buy my parts then  s:) :) s:)

dkirkwood89

I found the spectre maf adapter on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spectre-Performance-8705-Air-Flow-Sensor-Mount-/311237458823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item487732bb87 - incase you haven't got one yet

Im just going to buy it and cbs carbon filter kit as it has hoses and clips with it. I'll eventually get samco ones but this will do in the meantime

dj2k21

Yeah the bits you get with the kit are ok.. but the ducting is really cheap nasty silver stuff. But gives you a good base to start with. . Gladly I didn't have to buy the maf adapter as I don't run a maf sensor on mine

Anonymous

I'm going to be using it on a 2zz conversion so don't need a maf adaptor ( well, I do, but it's different). Have to wait to see what silicone hoses etc I need once the engine is in.

dj2k21

Yeah best way to do it is measure and make up your own kit like for sure

dkirkwood89

My CBS kit came today   s:D :D s:D  probably won't get at it til next weekend though

Just have 2 questions - what end of the air filter goes to the inlet manifold? And do you just leave the other end of the filter with nothing attached to it?

Anonymous

What do you think of the general quality?

Put some hose to take air direct from the scoop into the inlet of the cda

dkirkwood89

It all seems good quality apart from the ducting. It will definitely do the job for a while but am going to replace it with samco hoses.

Anonymous

Quote from: "dkirkwood89"It all seems good quality apart from the ducting. It will definitely do the job for a while but am going to replace it with samco hoses.

Do you mean the ducting iINTO the airbox? That stuff is always cheap rubbish. Samco is unusual for that side of the box, you can get a better quality flexible hose

dj2k21

The silver ducting you get with the kit is pants. You deffo need to make up your own cold air feed to the side scoops for sure. That's what I did but with silicone hoses. Much nicer. The filter itself is awesome and never needs to be touched again  s:) :) s:)

Tags: