Tools advice

Started by Anonymous, July 14, 2003, 00:37

Anonymous

Just starting to do things to my '2 (other than drive it that is !!)

Bought a socket set from Halfords the other day and that is my entire tool collection  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  . What other things should I look for? And just as important where should I buy them from?

I am probably going to have a go at putting on the TRD front strut which requires a torque wrench... I understand what they do, but they seem to come in different torque ratings and vary in price from about £15 to £70. Help?

markiii

Halfords proffesiobnal range torque wrench is about the best value for money at approx £50.

Axle stands, may as well be halfords as well. breaker bar.

Ramps, make sure they are shallow angle as you'll struggle to get a 2 on their otherwise, especially if you lower it.

Allen keys, screwdriver set, e.t.c
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

zud

I haven't done much on my '2, so don't have much advice there.  But once you know what you want, screwfix are very good on price, and next day delivery...
    http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/home.jsp
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Slacey

I've found a set of 'star' (don't know the proper name) drivers useful, quite a few of the screws on the car need these.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Slacey"I've found a set of 'star' (don't know the proper name) drivers useful

Torx

Slacey

Quote from: "pmdye"Torx
That would be them!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: