Short Shifter

Started by SFerrari, February 26, 2013, 15:08

SFerrari

Hi,

I'm looking for a good and reasonnable Short shifter (Quick shifter).

I've found the one from MWR, don't know if anyone already fited it or have a feedback on it ?
What do you think of such kind of product ?

m http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/produ ... i9n657faq1 m

Zonda_

Seems a very good price but what does it come to with shipping and import taxes?

Hmm, £69 including delivery to England, I'm tempted now!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Zonda_

Actually it seems to be identical to ones on Ebay for £29.99!
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Pavett1990

Are they easy to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

Zonda_

Probably for most people but I'm a spaz when it comes to doing jobs myself!   s:D :D s:D

Pavett1990

You and me both mate  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

SFerrari

Hi,

Don't know if it is a good product or not, this is my concern... Does it feel as good and accurate as the TRD one (which is easier to install as it includes the replacement cage!) when it comes to driving experience and changing gears ??

Here is the thread explaining how to install it (easy enough I'd say) :

l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12588 l

onion86

I used a cheap eBay one (back when they were £18) for 2 years without issue before upgrading to a TRD. I must say the difference in feel between stock and the eBay is massive, the difference in feel between eBay and TRD is only a bit but it sits in a much nicer position. The main benefit of TRD is that you replace the whole cage so it's easier to fit (but still almost as fiddly), the MWR/B&M one isn't going to be much different to the eBay one really. It is pretty easy to fit.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

AckersMR2

Didn't I read somewhere about the cheap ones not having the bend in them so the gear stick sits off centre when in neutral, where as the TRD one does have the bend?
My only car is a Ducati 

Zonda_

Quote from: "onion86"I must say the difference in feel between stock and the eBay is massive.

In a good way?

onion86

Quote from: "AckersMR2"Didn't I read somewhere about the cheap ones not having the bend in them so the gear stick sits off centre when in neutral, where as the TRD one does have the bend?
Correct (that's what I meant by sitting in a nicer position), the MWR one doesn't have a bend either. It's kind of a difference between £30 and £150-200 though, I only upgraded because it was 2nd hand, I never would've done it for full price.

Quote from: "Zonda_"
Quote from: "onion86"I must say the difference in feel between stock and the eBay is massive.
In a good way?
Yes in a good way. Much more solid shift, the metal bushings help to make the cage more solid too. I also upgraded to copper shift bushings at the same time which made a difference.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Zonda_

SFerrari

Quote from: "Zonda_"So you'd recommend this one then?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Celica-MR2-Short-Shifter-Shift-Quick-VVTI-190-/280694905508?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415ab85aa4

This is very tempting !
How different is it from the MWR one ?? Is it the same chinese product ?!

Zonda_

Looks the same to me, when you factor in the exchange rate the MWR one is pretty much the same price.

SFerrari

Yes exact same copy !

Here I found interesting posts as well :

m http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread ... ng-Install m

onion86

Quote from: "Zonda_"Looks the same to me, when you factor in the exchange rate the MWR one is pretty much the same price.
What exchange rate are you using?   s:o :o s:o  $104.70 = £69 according to Google, which is not pretty much the same price as £33.48!

nathanMR2

I've had both eBay and trd short shifters. I actually sold my trd as I couldn't feel much of a difference if at all. I'm still running an eBay one and am very happy with it. No way would I go back to stock. As for fitting its not hard. Should take no more than an hour or so
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

roger

The only comment I would have about fitting is don't break anything. MrT doesn't sell spare parts, only the whole cage and shifter complete!

PS. I prefer the TRD one   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Krissg

I think you've tempted me by one of these now!  s:) :) s:)
2003 MR2 Red....watch this space!
Ex- MR2, black MSD kit.

Zonda_

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "Zonda_"Looks the same to me, when you factor in the exchange rate the MWR one is pretty much the same price.
What exchange rate are you using?   s:o :o s:o  $104.70 = £69 according to Google, which is not pretty much the same price as £33.48!

That price is with delivery though,  it's 49 dollars to buy which puts it pretty much the same price

dj2k21

I second the trd its great. The throw is pretty much halved
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

Quote from: "dj2k21"I second the trd its great. The throw is pretty much halved

Shame the price isn't!

mr mr2

Every time u log on I see some thing eles I want are these easy to fit ??
Excelsior

mr mr2

Quote from: "mr mr2"Every time i log on I see some thing eles I want are these easy to fit ??
Excelsior

Zonda_

Quote from: "mr mr2"
Quote from: "mr mr2"Every time i log on I see some thing eles I want are these easy to fit ??

Yes, you take it to your local garage and say "man with spanners, make this fit!"  He will make it fit and relieve you of £20   s:D :D s:D

Tags: