Short Shifter

Started by SFerrari, February 26, 2013, 15:08

loadswine

I'm happy to let folks try my stock gearshift with spherical bearing bushes, at Ding Day if that is of any use.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

Yeah i wouldnt mind trying other peoples...

but i wont be able to actually drive them - not insured ^.^

trevsmr2

Quote from: "AckersMR2"I'm not a fan of the idea, the off centre neutral would bug the hell out of me and the proper TRD one is too expensive imo, has anyone tried just shortening and re threading the standard one?
I got hold of a spare ,and cut the top off to shorten the stick ,worked ok and there seemed less movement to change gear
Didn't re-thread it just used an aftermarket knob that had the 3 allen bolt type fitment

Needs a shorter gaitor really

SFerrari

I'd believe shorten the upper part, adding an aftermarket alloy knob, and why not extend the lower part, and you may have a quite nice custom made short shifter ?!

nathanMR2

I think that potentially could be a good little mod however a lot of effort/work considering the cost of an ebay shifter
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

SFerrari

The idea is not in fact to save money, but to gather best of both worlds  s;-) ;-) s;-)

But by how much to shorten one side and extend the other ??

nathanMR2

Well to have the best often comes at a cost   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

PeteT

I tried the ebay shifter and didn't like it at all. I bought the TRD shifter. For me, the difference is like night and day. The position and feel of it is a lot better. I wouldn't change back.
Pete

steve b

Not tried the eBay shifter but I have a TRD, no way would I go back to stock.  TRD the shifts are so much more positive.
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

Zonda_

Just had an ebay cheapy fitted and I love it, takes about 5 minutes to get used to and already I don't notice the offset position.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Tags: