Brake suppliers?

Started by Zonda_, March 2, 2013, 16:56

Zonda_

Want to get some new brakes but looking round the prices seem to vary wildly! For instance CTP are £140 for a set of discs and pads where Camskill are £52!  That's a hell of a difference in anyones book but is it a case of you get what you pay for? Has anyone used the Camskill ones and can report back on quality?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Pavett1990

on ebay i paid £118 for front and rear disks and pads and they were next day delivery.. very good quality at the time i thought id buy them tempory with not massively high hopes but i would happily buy them again.

*EDIT*

they are now £103 item number 280077161746
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

PaullyP2010

PAGID Discs - approx £75 for the front (Eurocarparts) or £54 on Ebay
EBC Yellowstuff Pads - approx £58 on Ebay

Cheers,
Paul
2003 Sable Grey
Built 2ZZ Turbo with lots of other goodies.........

Zonda_

Got EBC on now,  don't like them,  less feel than standard setup.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Anonymous

If you got yellow or red stuff then they do need to get some temp in them until they start to have a feel.

loadswine

They vary quite a bit. Not heard much in the way of good reports on the green stuff pads, but the yellows are brilliant. I've found the yellows to be fairly decent even when cold.
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

steve b

If you just want standard type stuff you won't beat brakes international they supply most motor factors, garages etc and you can order online.  Average discs are about £25 etc
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

Jay67

any opinions on mintex, was thinking of giving them a go
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

PaullyP2010

Quote from: "loadswine"They vary quite a bit. Not heard much in the way of good reports on the green stuff pads, but the yellows are brilliant. I've found the yellows to be fairly decent even when cold.

Agreed Nige,
I think yellowstuff, pagid discs and HEL hoses are fantastic on my Turbo 2  s:D :D s:D  

Paul
2003 Sable Grey
Built 2ZZ Turbo with lots of other goodies.........

loadswine

Yep, same combo as you Paul.  s:) :) s:)
No Roadster any more, Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Anonymous

I got ebc black / ultimax on crn disks and for me have enough stopping power.

wotugonado

I just put ebc ultimax on too, with mtec gold grooved discs, theyre still bedding in but felt awesome today.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Zonda_

Not heard of ultimax before.

wotugonado

entry level ebc pads, half the price of the yellows, just for normal driving not track days etc. So far so good.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Zonda_

Ah,  I like my trackdays so will need something different.

dj2k21

Speak to tom. He gets some carbon pads which are supposed to be unreal. Im going to put some on when my 8pot pads wear down
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Zonda_

Just text him. He's got a list of stuff to do on my car!

dj2k21

Lol aye hes a busy boy. Hes got mine next month lol
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

steve b

Oh track day pads Carbotech not cheap tho they were ~£340 for the set but make EBC etc look like a joke.  I've had them on for about 6 track days now and probably could get 1 or 2 more out of them where i'd finish a set of yellow stuff in 1 day own my old MX5 so over all quite cost effective.

m http://www.roguesystems.co.uk/forms/Product.aspx?ID=423 m

Going to pagid RS42 hopefully next on the AP 4 pot size but using  K sport 6 pot calipers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

trickyD

Quote from: "rbuckingham"If you got yellow or red stuff then they do need to get some temp in them until they start to have a feel.
Yellow bite from cold according to EBC, you are right about Reds though....
http://www.vividracing.co.uk/ebc_brakes_yellowstuff_4000_high_friction_rear_brake_pads_toyota_mr2_1_8l_03_09_1013822360.php
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

amz91

Quote from: "Pavett1990"on ebay i paid £118 for front and rear disks and pads and they were next day delivery.. very good quality at the time i thought id buy them tempory with not massively high hopes but i would happily buy them again.

*EDIT*

they are now £103 item number 280077161746

Might get a set of these now  s:) :) s:)  seen some mintex ones on there too and was going go for them but seen as though you recommend these il give them a go  s:D :D s:D
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

Zonda_

Just ordered a set. Can't fall off for that price!

amz91

Ordered myself a set today too, going try give it ago myself too always wanted be able do my own, seen a "how to" on here that I'm going to follow  :-) :-) :-)
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

Zonda_

Fitted my own discs and pads on a few cars. Not hard to do usually.

shnazzle

I got mine off Camskill.
4x discs and 4x pads.

They're grand. Do the job.
But I wouldn't rate them for "spirited" driving.
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: