Brake suppliers?

Started by Zonda_, March 2, 2013, 16:56

amz91

Quote from: "Zonda_"Fitted my own discs and pads on a few cars. Not hard to do usually.
Where would I get the wind back tool from? Seen one in halfords but think It was £40 :-/
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

Zonda_

Not sure, haven't seen it so don't know if something else would do the job. I imagine cheaptoyotaparts will stock them.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Jay67

here you go, can use long nose pliers to wind it in if it's not seized but you're better off with the right tool for the job, pliers don't like being twisted  s;) ;) s;)    m http://amzn.to/Za855z m
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

shnazzle

eBay mate. I think I spent 11 quid for a Laser piston tool.
Delivered 2 days later
...neutiquam erro.

amz91

Your a bunch of stars  s:-D :-D s:-D
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

amz91

Ordered the tool off amazon £8.94 that's including express delivery and discs and pads should be on there way! Wish me luck for the weekend haha, there might just be a new thread at some point  s;-) ;-) s;-)

shnazzle

Don't forget a tube of copperEase, wd40, hammer, wire brush. Caliper cleaner spray never hurt.
The first one is essential
 s:) :) s:)
...neutiquam erro.

tomaky

Gotta agree with shnazzle there after the night mare of getting things out, you will cover everything in copper grease hehe could even swap wd for plus gas  s:) :) s:)
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

amz91

Now your putting me off! Haha  :-) :-) :-)

shnazzle

Quote from: "amz91"Now your putting me off! Haha  :-) :-) :-)

Don't worry, it's perfectly doable!

Just remember one obvious nugget:
Lefty-loosey, righty-tighty....REGARDLESS of whether you're looking at it from the back or the front.
Get it?

So when you go to turn the bolt, fight the temptation to pull the spanner/ratchet to the left. Look at it as if you were under the wheel arch looking out.
...neutiquam erro.

tomaky

Indeed maybe i over exagerated as far as loosening yes tight spaces alot patience needed to get your spanners or the nut then little turn then back on nut alittle time consuming but i didnt have to use too much force on anything the worst bit was the handbrake pin mine required a fair few hits off plus gas and hammer to get it out.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

amz91

It finally came!

amz91

Hopefully do my brakes today, I'm subscribe to a how to on here "rear discs and pads" I assume if I do this front one will not be far different?

tomaky

Hmm the front one will get the disk and pads off but wont get them back on if applied to the back if thats what you mean?
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

amz91

Quote from: "tomaky"Hmm the front one will get the disk and pads off but wont get them back on if applied to the back if thats what you mean?
Not sure what you mean :-/
Basically could you follow the guide for the front aswell?

tomaky

Oh ye but you likely wont need tue wind back tool on the piston, just loosen the nipple (container to catch drops of fluid) and push piston back.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

amz91

Thank you  :-) :-) :-)

onion86

Quote from: "amz91"
Quote from: "amz91"Hopefully do my brakes today, I'm subscribe to a how to on here "rear discs and pads" I assume if I do this front one will not be far different?
You could always just use the front guide instead  s:D :D s:D   l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11550 l
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

tomaky

I realise i made that hard work haha
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

amz91

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "amz91"
Quote from: "amz91"Hopefully do my brakes today, I'm subscribe to a how to on here "rear discs and pads" I assume if I do this front one will not be far different?
You could always just use the front guide instead  s:D :D s:D   l viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11550 l
Been looking for this for ages! Thank you.

amz91

Thought discs were the same :-/
Which are rear?

tomaky

Bigger radius on the rear i believe.
Westfield Seiw
Ex - 2003 Sable

onion86

Quote from: "tomaky"Bigger radius on the rear i believe.
Yup, and the fronts have smaller radius but are a few mm thicker. From past experience I expect the ones with 4 stud holes are the fronts and 8 holes are the rears.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

AndyM

Quote from: "onion86"
Quote from: "tomaky"Bigger radius on the rear i believe.
Yup, and the fronts have smaller radius but are a few mm thicker. From past experience I expect the ones with 4 stud holes are the fronts and 8 holes are the rears.

+1 The rears I did on Saturday had 8 holes in.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

amz91

After all that I could get the pads out n that fine but the two caliper bolts I couldnt get off for the life of me!  s:-( :-( s:-(

Tags: