Brake suppliers?

Started by Zonda_, March 2, 2013, 16:56

tomaky

Plus gas! It is hard work doing little turns when there loose.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

AndyM

Quote from: "amz91"After all that I could get the pads out n that fine but the two caliper bolts I couldnt get off for the life of me!  s:-( :-( s:-(

I had this too, PlusGas is a good start. I then managed to fit in my 14" breaker bar with a socket for more leverage on the upper ones. For the lower ones I  used the Edd China/Wheeler Dealers spanner trick...

Pop on the correct spanner (ring end) so that it's pointing just under the car, then use the next size up spanner to 'lengthen' the effective lever by hooking the ring of the second spanner over the 'U' part of the first spanner. This give you effectively double the length to work with and also allows you to manoeuvre it around some awkward bits of chassis/body.

It's a little hard to explain in words but if you want I'll take a photo of how it works when I get home.

Also, ratchet spanners make it a lot easier once you get the thing loosened a bit!
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

shnazzle

Quote from: "amz91"After all that I could get the pads out n that fine but the two caliper bolts I couldnt get off for the life of me!  s:-( :-( s:-(

Hate to beat a dying goat here but...sure you're turning the right way? Only saying that because I've been that idiot...put all my might into it, soaked it in WD40. Was about to to get some PlusGas and a gas burner when I realised...turn other way  s:) :) s:)  hehehee. Fail.
...neutiquam erro.

onion86

Quote from: "AndyM"For the lower ones I  used the Edd China/Wheeler Dealers spanner trick...

Pop on the correct spanner (ring end) so that it's pointing just under the car, then use the next size up spanner to 'lengthen' the effective lever by hooking the ring of the second spanner over the 'U' part of the first spanner. This give you effectively double the length to work with and also allows you to manoeuvre it around some awkward bits of chassis/body.

It's a little hard to explain in words but if you want I'll take a photo of how it works when I get home.
Here you go (so the right end would go over the bolt)  s;) ;) s;)  that's pretty much the method I've always used for any bolt!
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

AndyM

Quote from: "onion86"Here you go (so the right end would go over the bolt)  s;) ;) s;)  that's pretty much the method I've always used for any bolt!

That's the badger  s:D :D s:D
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

tomaky

Haha Shnaz we have all done that hehe
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

amz91

Yeah was turning right used wd40 loads still couldn't turn it with socket on, so ended up putting it back together took it up to be done  :-) :-) :-)  need start using weights build my strength up haha  s;-) ;-) s;-)
Blue 2000 pfl roadster, gutted pre cats, The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings, Markii pipe, devs door sills, MR2 leather armrest, JDM bonnet badge, sp body brace, edge speakers, powder coated alloys, Vogtland lowering springs, ROC drop links, EBC brake pads, toyo proxes, FL side vents, FL door arms, FL control unit... more to follow \":)\"

Tags: