Power steering fluid

Started by whiteknight72, March 13, 2013, 17:23

whiteknight72

Has anyone ever used redline power steering fluid as an alternative to Dexron ii in there MK3, Redline state it is okay to use but doesn't state that it is EH (electro hydraulic) compatable?
I am aware from various threads on here that psf is allegedly very specific to the car should i just stick with OEM.  s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
2006 MR2, MR02 plates,TTE twin exhaust, TTE style bar, TTE rear spoiler, decat/performance manifold, K&N filter, performance spark plugs/leads, high performance gearbox oil, fresh power steering fluid, Goodrich braided hoses, refurbished callipers/red, refurbished wheels/white, TRD valve caps, unique rare wood gear knob with TRD insert, EBC front drilled/grooved discs. Full underseal.MeisterR suspension all-round.

Wabbitkilla

How much is the Redline fluid?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

whiteknight72

£16 but emailed red line in USA they replied and stated need to stick with Toyota.
2006 MR2, MR02 plates,TTE twin exhaust, TTE style bar, TTE rear spoiler, decat/performance manifold, K&N filter, performance spark plugs/leads, high performance gearbox oil, fresh power steering fluid, Goodrich braided hoses, refurbished callipers/red, refurbished wheels/white, TRD valve caps, unique rare wood gear knob with TRD insert, EBC front drilled/grooved discs. Full underseal.MeisterR suspension all-round.

Wabbitkilla

If you sweet talk a Toyota dealer and mention the club you can get a litre for around £26.
It really doesn't take anywhere near that much to top up or fill up the power steering though.
From what I've read it's best to stick with the Toyota stuff too.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: