very heavy steering?

Started by Pavett1990, March 21, 2013, 10:20

StuC

Wheel bearings are a specific check on the MOT, I would have thought they would have spotted that earlier tbh
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Pavett1990

me too.. but hes taken a pic of the old bearing and aparently its quite bad.. but im shocked that they didnt say it was the bearing not telling me and allowing me to spend £50 on getting brakes sorted  s:evil: :evil: s:evil:
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

StuC

That's kinda where I was coming from. Getting you to fix the brakes when the bearing, which they should have checked, is in question.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Pavett1990

i doubt ill be able to do anything tho... they were quite vague when telling me what was wrong.. just looking for work i suppose.. wont be going there again tho

mrzwei

The garage which failed the car should have issued a failure certificate showing the reason for that failure on it?
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

Pavett1990

yeah they did and it said the rear driver side brake was binding.. :S hense spending £50 trying to get caliper to stop binding

Jepson246

Quote from: "Les"
Quote from: "Jepson246"Didn't bother going back to the garage with it, or finding another garage, went down to halfords bought a socket set and a hammer and me and my boyfriends just did it, took just over an hour, as the socket set we bought was only a small one.  Steering feels great now, though we didn't get the steering perfectly straight, tiny bit out but barely noticeable. So all in all very pleased!  s:) :) s:)

Well done   s:D :D s:D  

I love it when a plan comes together   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Couldn't have done it without the write up. Saved me a load of money, and pretty please that it's something I could do.  Cheers!!
[size=85]2001 silver beauty!
Powder coated anthracite alloys, Dev\'s de-dimplator in gloss black, custom silver side vents with stainless steel meshing, screaming chicken soft top pull handle, silver mr2 vinyl kick plates, PRECATS OUT and a relocated front number plate.
[/size]

Pavett1990

Had tracking done this morning.. Was 5 degrees out but now is perfect and I can enjoy the car again  s:D :D s:D  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: