Where to buy new calipers

Started by Anonymous, March 30, 2013, 15:45

Anonymous

Hi

Has anyone got any recommendations for where to buy new calipers and is there any difference between the calipers on a 2002 model to those on the updated model.

Cheers

Tony

cabbydave

Euro car parts are doing them for about £100 each for the rear at the moment not sure if thats a good price though

ChrisGB

Brakes International do refurbished ones. Service is very good. I think there are different part numbers for pre and post facelift, but not sure the calipers themselves are different. Eurocarparts ones are refurbs too, you wont get new for that money.

If you want new, contact Cheap Toyota Parts (CTP) in the affiliates section on this for excellent prices and service on original genuine OEM parts.  

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

Markb

Camskill do them for £99.99 + a refundable 60 quid sucharge (refunded on return of old caliper)......they do list one as 8/2002 on for the six speed.....not sure if they differ from the earlier model..most decent motor factors should be able to get them for you,Blueprint remanufactured calipers are very good.

Wabbitkilla

Recently had experience of returned callipers.
The only difference between the pure facelift callipers and the facelift is the manufacturer, they are a direct swap.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

chriswales

My local euro car parts were doing them for 140 on the rear with a 36 quid surcharge. After a scout about on here and the net in general brakes international were the cheapest at 85 quid with a 35 surcharge. Ordered late tues night and they arrived thurs morning. Really good caliper...just having the usual handbrake setting up issues at the mo!

Jon_G

Quote from: "chriswales"My local euro car parts were doing them for 140 on the rear with a 36 quid surcharge. After a scout about on here and the net in general brakes international were the cheapest at 85 quid with a 35 surcharge. Ordered late tues night and they arrived thurs morning. Really good caliper...just having the usual handbrake setting up issues at the mo!
£85 is pretty good. I just replaced the rear drivers side caliper and paid £99.99 (with a £60 surcharge) from Camskill. Handbrake was easy... leave the cable bracket off until after you've finished the job, bled the brakes and pumped the pedal a few times to bring the piston out to its "rest" position (and only then finally fit the cable bracket). If you're still having problems, then disconnect both side handbrake cable brackets, remove pads, screw pistons back in and start again, as above. Adjust cable tension from inside then cabin to get the right amount of handbrake travel. Luckily, I've never had a handbrake problem in 10 years, other than having to adjust the cable tension.

Tags: