Plastic fixings

Started by 6100art, April 1, 2013, 13:57

6100art

Hi. I have recently bought a 2003 MR2 and have noticed that there are a lot of plastic fixings. I was wondering how you get them out, do they come out and can they be re-used afterwards. There are some around the rear bumper and around the front bonnet area and the wheel arches. Just how do you get them out, there seems to be quite a selection of them.
Thanks. 6100art.

The moneypit

Just push the middle bit inwards and then pull the fixing out..simples!
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

6100art

Thanks Moneypit, but I think that that applies to the interior fixings, not the ones on the rear bumper for instance. The ones just under the bonnet opening going straight across for instance.
6100art.

Zonda_

I think some cars have different fixings. I was told that they push in and none of the ones on my car do, you need a flat bladed screw driver to prise them up then they will lift out.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

Jandaw

m http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11401.m5 ... AGB%3A1123 m
These are a perfect replacement and cheaper than OE.

Push the centre in and pull out the whole clip. Before replacing, push the centre back up so that it projects from the top, replace the clip in the panel and push in the centre to lock.

The large clips just need the centre lifting with a small screwdriver and proceed as with small clips.

6100art

Thanks guys.
6100art.

Tags: