Top Down - Usual Result!!

Started by 2 of the left, April 2, 2013, 20:14

2 of the left

As the warmer weather creeps in, we 2 drivers tend to drop the soft top and at the same time the warmer temps bring out the Goths and Visy-Goths!! - Namely when parked up for 10+ minutes you find on your return, that the 2 has been used as a litter bin - This time it was chewing gum on driver's seat - Last year it was a beer can!!  s:flame: :flame: s:flame:
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

mrzwei

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Change the car!
Used to own a 2CV, there was a newspaper article about cars least likely to be stolen. They left one in a theft hot spot with the keys in and engine running and nobody bothered   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.
Talbot Express campervan with carb, distributor, coil and no cat! SOLD

2 of the left

Change the car?!! - why? - the beer can was half full and the chewing gum was a nice strawberry flavour!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Pavett1990

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I can't leave the roof down even if gone for 10 mins I panic I dislike my area lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

JiMR2

I must confess, I've never left my car anywhere with roof down. Not even on my drive...
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Bernie

Quote from: "JiMR2"I must confess, I've never left my car anywhere with roof down. Not even on my drive...

+ 1 for the above reasons plus risk of bird cr4p and the leather seats heating up and burning the seat of your pants !
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

2 of the left

Must admit it was laziness on my part - In the 60's my brother in law had the same problem with his yellow Spit!! (Litter bin and bird toilet!!)

Anonymous

pffff!!! i leave the roof down all the time! ^.^ not going to anymore tho after reading this

nimrod

I live in Luton need I say more.

dj2k21

I once had the complete opposite happen to me. With me being a smoggy (person from Middlesbrough) we have alot of industry as u know so when my car was my daily and it was a hot day at work I couldnt leave the roof off for fear of industrial fallout allover my interior.  However it was red hot so I left my window half down,  somehow a seagul found its way into my car and obviously had a panic attack and couldn't get out so it shat absolutely everywhere! Seats, dash, carpets u name it... cost me £80 for a professional valeter to come and clean it lol. Lesson learned.
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

redcarblackhorse

Quote from: "2 of the left"Change the car?!! - why? - the beer can was half full and the chewing gum was a nice strawberry flavour!!!  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  I leave mine down but must admit I was lucky one day driving along - the biggest bird cr@p landed 3/4 way up my windscreen! I reckon it had been eating the scraps at the local curry house!! If that had hit me I would not of been impressed!!!!
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

Pavett1990

Quote from: "dj2k21"I once had the complete opposite happen to me. With me being a smoggy (person from Middlesbrough) we have alot of industry as u know so when my car was my daily and it was a hot day at work I couldnt leave the roof off for fear of industrial fallout allover my interior.  However it was red hot so I left my window half down,  somehow a seagul found its way into my car and obviously had a panic attack and couldn't get out so it shat absolutely everywhere! Seats, dash, carpets u name it... cost me £80 for a professional valeter to come and clean it lol. Lesson learned.

lol thats brilliant  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

cbf

Quote from: "mrzwei":lol:   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Change the car!
Used to own a 2CV, there was a newspaper article about cars least likely to be stolen. They left one in a theft hot spot with the keys in and engine running and nobody bothered   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

I heard that not a single Ford KA has ever been (reported) stolen in the UK..

Pavett1990

Quote from: "cbf"I heard that not a single Ford KA has ever been (reported) stolen in the UK..

would be a godsend though wouldnt it  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Mightyquin

I had a convertible Skoda years ago, parked it with the hood down and came back to find someone had dumped an old sofa and some 2 by 4 in it!

I'm here all week!

stewart@boro

Just spent £150 to cut back all the branches from a neighbours tree which overhung our property as was sick of the daily dowsing of bird crap over our cars
I swear dumbo must have been nesting up there  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

Stephster

Always leave top down in Summer to give the inside a good airing. Forever forgetting about it sitting on drive with top down at night. On a couple of occasions some nice complete strangers have knocked on door to let me know ! Mind you, I would have never dared to leave the top down back when I lived in the 'boro.
[strike]2001 Silver MR2, red interior. Just like she came out of the factory \":)\"[/strike] -  I loved owning her !
Gone over to the dark side - 05 Black Z4 2.0i se with red leather.

mrzwei

Quote from: "Stewart@Boro"Just spent £150 to cut back all the branches from a neighbours tree which overhung our property as was sick of the daily dowsing of bird crap over our cars

I think you are legally entitled to do that plus I think that you can dump all of the branches in their garden for them to get rid of.
You could probably get them to pay for your time etc. but I'm not sure.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.
Saab 9-5 Turbo, Hirsch stage 1, Sports suspension and anti roll bars, uprated disks, sports intake and filter and various other bits. 210bhp, 320Nm.

dj2k21

Quote from: "Stewart@Boro"Just spent £150 to cut back all the branches from a neighbours tree which overhung our property as was sick of the daily dowsing of bird crap over our cars

You shouldn't have to pay for that Stewart.  We had conifers in our back garden that belonged to the neighbours over the back. I cut them myself at first and put the cuttings in their garden and they shot them back the cheeky so and so's so i rang the council and they made them take them out
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

trevsmr2

Quote from: "Mightyquin"I had a convertible Skoda years ago, parked it with the hood down and came back to find someone had dumped an old sofa and some 2 by 4 in it!

I'm here all week!
You're lucky they didn't pick it up by the twin exhausts, and wheel it away

stewart@boro

Did check on the legal situation and tried to get the neighbour to contribute
Also checked with the council as we are in a conservation area so it had to be done properly
Must admit in my younger days would have got the climbing rope out and done it myself
Still have to contend with the twice yearly shedding of blossom then leaves and seeds
If anyone knows how to kill off a bloody great sycamore please let me know
TF 160 TTE exhaust and style bar and other shiny bits.
Replaced by an Abarth 124 Spider

dj2k21

Same way I got rid of a tree in my garden... drilled a hole on it and poured creosote into it... apparently hammering copper nails into them works too  s:) :) s:)

wotugonado

Quote from: "dj2k21"hammering copper nails into them works too  s:) :) s:)
Into the roots, its meant to kill em off. Not a quick process so i believe.

we need that South African anti car jackers alarm, the one that shoots out flames from under the door sills, like to see the little twats faces when that sets there trousers on fire, bit of a harsh lesson to learn  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  but a good detterent.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

mrzwei

In the words of Littlejohn 'You can't make it up' (I am a Daily Mail hater but they've got some good writers).

Just did a bit of research.

You can trim the tree back but because the branches belong to the neighbour you have to give them back.
If you live in a conservation area then you should check with your local council that it is OK to cut the branches.
If you cut back over your boundary then you may be in trouble.
You have to pay for what you do.
Ex.MR2 SMT sadly missed.

bap_swcc

Quote from: "Stephster"Always leave top down in Summer to give the inside a good airing. Forever forgetting about it sitting on drive with top down at night. On a couple of occasions some nice complete strangers have knocked on door to let me know ! Mind you, I would have never dared to leave the top down back when I lived in the 'boro.

Over the last 12 years i've had 2 MR2s and a delsol, in the summer i'd forget about the car on the drive with the roof down and remember as i'm going to bed. Also had neighbours/strangers knock at my door as they come back from a night out to tell me it's just about to rain   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
The Notorious B.A.P.
2004 Black 2zz - I believe in lift power!! (although I do miss the quality woosh of a turbo)

Tags: