White stuff inside front foglight

Started by AndyM, April 5, 2013, 20:06

AndyM

Hi,

Noticed this in my O/S fog light... looks like some sort of gunk/crystallisation or something. I've had a search but couldn't find any reference to it. Any idea what it might be? Fixable or just easier to pop in a new light do you think?

Andy

Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

Maverikk

Salt?

Could be that if you've had any condensation issues.

Wabbitkilla

Corrosion .... Needs replacing.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

AndyM

Quote from: "Wabbitkilla"Corrosion .... Needs replacing.

Thanks, will start sourcing one.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

Wabbitkilla

They get so bad eventually they actually push the glass off.
It's really worth getting a new replacement, there was a recent thread where I found some on eBay at reasonable prices.
Les has done a how to which is now in the reference section  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

JiMR2

I've got that in both of mine as well... Bumper will be coming off soon to replace then... Glad I read this!

Thanks!
AKA Cinnamon Jim

Markb

As much as i like the 2 the quality of some parts is crap.

Andys-N20

Quote from: "JiMR2"I've got that in both of mine as well... Bumper will be coming off soon to replace then... Glad I read this!

Thanks!

You dont need to drop the bumper, I partially disconnected the wheel arch liner and pulled it back to gain access from bellow, dont recall even jacking the car. It's a little quicker doing it that way.
204.2 BHP Silver 2000 MR2, 2006 2ZZ engine, Apexi PFC, Zorstec full stainless system exhaust (including 400 cell cat & race header), titanium heat wrap, MRW underdrive pulleys, handmade short ram intake, Hondata intake gasket, Celica gearbox ratio's, LSD.
Edge 306 speakers, Alpine CDE 235BT, sound deadened doors.
Full facelift conversion including bracing, sub frame, the works...

Barney Bear

Got mine here super fast del  m http://www.crashrepairparts.com m     s:D :D s:D  

About £35 each or so

part number is A3531L and A3531R
54 Sable, Air con, hardtop

Anonymous

Just replaced both of mine See THIS   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  DRIVERS side £21.95 CLICKY  PASSENGER side £22.95 CLICKY

Tags: