Tools for cutting frunk plastics?

Started by Zonda_, April 11, 2013, 12:18

Zonda_

My front brace arrives next week so I want to prepare the plastics. What do people use to cut the plastic round the suspension turrets?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

dcod

Dremmel would be my weapon of choice.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

onion86

I used my good mate Stanley™.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

AndyM

Dremmel if it was me (I just like using the thing  s:) :) s:)  ).
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

dcod

Quote from: "AndyM"Dremmel if it was me (I just like using the thing  s:) :) s:)  ).

Amen brother. I'd use a chainsaw ... if I had one.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

Wabbitkilla

Dremmel with cutting disks is the most accurate and controllable
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

roger

Personally I wouldn't do it until the brace arrives, then you know exactly what to cut, and more importantly what not to. Get it wrong and it will look a mess.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

onion86

Quote from: "roger"Personally I wouldn't do it until the brace arrives, then you know exactly what to cut, and more importantly what not to. Get it wrong and it will look a mess.
+1 they're not all the same shape so best to do just what you need.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Mark A

Quote from: "dcod"
Quote from: "AndyM"Dremmel if it was me (I just like using the thing  s:) :) s:)  ).

You bunch of Jessie's.... I'd use my teeth or a hacksaw blade for straightish lines

StuC

Quote from: "Mark A"
Quote from: "dcod"

You bunch of Jessie's.... I'd use my teeth

Is that what Chuck Norris would say?
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

onion86

Quote from: "StuC"
Quote from: "Mark A"
Quote from: "dcod"Amen brother. I'd use a chainsaw ... if I had one.

You bunch of Jessie's.... I'd use my teeth

Is that what Chuck Norris would say?
He'd use his bare hands, or rip out a shark's tooth and use that.

dcod

QuoteOh sh*t ..

jonty

oscillating saw is my weapon of choice, that's more accurate than any of the others in my experience - better even than a Dremel or sharks tooth if you would believe it!!

Two's Company

Leave the plastics off and save weight.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Two's Company"Leave the plastics off and save weight.

kills two birds with one stone. plus easy to go back to stock if needed

Tags: