How to go louder cheaper?!

Started by 2000MR-S, April 17, 2013, 14:33

chris3boro

Quote from: "Zonda_"Alternatively get a BMC style carbon airbox, loads cheaper than an induction kit and does actually benefit performance and gives the engine a lovely roar under load.

Isn't there a bit of hassle to accommodate the air flow sensor?  s:? :? s:?

Zonda_

Quote from: "chris3boro"
Quote from: "Zonda_"Alternatively get a BMC style carbon airbox, loads cheaper than an induction kit and does actually benefit performance and gives the engine a lovely roar under load.

Nope, I got my adaptor from Amazon.com, very cheap including delivery.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

chris3boro

Quote from: "Zonda_"

Nope, I got my adaptor from Amazon.com, very cheap including delivery.

That's handy  s:) :) s:)

markiii

Quote from: "mr mr2"Induction kit I got mine off eBay £100 posted from the USA makes a great noise

hope you changed the filter for a decent one,

last ebay special filter I saw killed the engine its filtering was so bad
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

nathanMR2

+ 1

If you want to benefit from a mod like this the its worth investing in a decent filter. Id go for an Apexi Cone filter as featured in the PPE Cold Air Intake. I saw gains from it on the PPE i had.
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

mr mr2

this is the filter that came with it
Excelsior

markiii

never heard of the, I agree with Nathan I'd stick an Apexi on
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

westcoast

The cheapest way is to just remove the pipe after the airbox=instant growl.=FREE
Even got some compliments on the sound  s:) :) s:)

Might lose some hp in high temperature situations, but the sound is worth it  s:) :) s:)  and you can keep the good filter capabilities of the stock unit.
I think the sound matches the car real nice, deep and subtle but powerfull.

chris3boro

Quote from: "westcoast"The cheapest way is to just remove the pipe after the airbox=instant growl.=FREE

Might lose some hp in high temperature situations, but the sound is worth it  s:) :) s:)  and you can keep the good filter capabilities of the stock unit.

You mean the pipe that the Markiii pipe replaces?

westcoast

Quote from: "westcoast"The cheapest way is to just remove the pipe after the airbox=instant growl.=FREE

Yes, that's the one!
There is also a resonator in the first bend of the intake that could be removed, haven't tried it yet.

The car then growls when you give it 80%+ throttle, gives a lovely bass sound in lower revs and peaks at around 3800 rpm.

shnazzle

Quote from: "westcoast"

Yes, that's the one!
There is also a resonator in the first bend of the intake that could be removed, haven't tried it yet.

The car then growls when you give it 80%+ throttle, gives a lovely bass sound in lower revs and peaks at around 3800 rpm.

I've just done this. By accident really as I heard a rattle and noticed I hadn't put it back properly last time and it came loose. Wife needed the car then so I just pulled it out.

Great noise!! Love it. Don't want to see what it's doing to intake temperatures though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
...neutiquam erro.

Tags: