Spark Plugs!

Started by XI Thomas IX, April 20, 2013, 23:18

XI Thomas IX

Hi all! I've been recommended to stick in some Bosch Super 4s as a good alternative to give the engine a little more zip, http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_176303_langId_-1_categoryId_165736
Was wondering if these are actually worth the money, if anyone has ever tried them, or if there are better ones to get? There's no real reason for swapping the plugs out; it would just be nicer to have a bit more firepower for cheap!
Thanks!
2001 Silver MR-S TRD Wing Spoiler K & N Induction Kit Abflug Eyelids Toyo Proxes T1-Rs && Cobra Quad

AndyM

Personally I don't think they will make any difference.

Standard NGK or Denso are fine (or iridium if you want a few more miles between changes).
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

OldMan

Quote from: "XI Thomas IX"Hi all! I've been recommended to stick in some Bosch Super 4s as a good alternative to give the engine a little more zip,... Was wondering if these are actually worth the money, if anyone has ever tried them, or if there are better ones to get?
I'm in the USA, so the product name may be different.  Several years ago, I installed some Bosch sparkplugs having four electrodes.  I think they're what you're asking about.  I couldn't tell any difference between them and the standard iridium plugs.  I don't recall them being more expensive than the standard plugs.

Some fellows on SpyderChat claim that copper plugs offer some improvement, but they only last ~25K miles.
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?29153-Review-NGK-Cooper-V-Power-Plugs-(BKR6E-11)
NGK Brand copper plug (USA) designations:
BKR5E-11 for the 1zz
BKR6E-11 for the 2zz
If your Porsche is not anhydrous, there IS a substitute.

XI Thomas IX

Thanks for the replies guys; to be honest it's only £20 so it's hardly breaking the bank. Might as well get some and see the results.
Thanks for the link OldMan, very useful!
2001 Silver MR-S TRD Wing Spoiler K & N Induction Kit Abflug Eyelids Toyo Proxes T1-Rs && Cobra Quad

Tags: