Odd tyre wear.

Started by Zonda_, April 23, 2013, 11:08

Zonda_

Whilst washing the car a couple of days back I noticed that the inside shoulder of the left rear was bald! I had a camber and tracking alignment done when I put the new (Toyos) on and another one done when I had the lowering springs fitted. The printouts show that everything was ok after this. I run the pressures people recommended on here and check them regularly. The right rear is ok.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

tomaky

Guessing that its a gradual wear from inside to out?
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Zonda_

No, first inch of the tyre edge is completely bald, the rest of the tyre is worn but not to the same extent. The groves on the tyre are completely gone yet still perfectly fine on the other tyre.
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

tomaky

Very strange, pickled me all i can think of is being there when tyre went on or foul play by someone which sounds to me implausible.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

dj2k21

When I had a rear left wearing it turned I changed the rear trailing arm bushes and it seemed to fix the problem.  It also fixed the ever so slight wobble I wss getting on boost from the back end
[size=85]Veilside Fortune Kit| Veilside Andrew Racing Wheels| Veilside Pro-Drag Exhaust | MWR Stage 4 Race Built Engine | FRD Custom Turbo Conversion | Veilside Turbo Manifold | Link G4 ECU | Flocked & Leather Trimmed Interior | Cobra Misano Seats | Cobra 4 Point Harnesses | Face Lift Front & Rear Lights | Corky\'s Breast Plate | C-one Rear Strut Brace | C-one Engine Damper | Speed Source Engine Mount Inserts | Tein Super Street Coilovers & EDFC | Defi Oil Pressure & Boost Gauges & Daisy Chain Control Unit | BMC Air Intake | D2 8 Pot Big Brake Conversion | Plus Much Much More![/size]

Tags: