Wiring under seats

Started by Paul-B, April 27, 2013, 09:48

Paul-B

Hi. I just bought a secondhand leather interior (seats and doorcards) from a facelift MR2, thought it would look good as a replacement for my black leather interior in my Chilli-Red PFL. Not so sure, now, the red panels in the interior look more orangey-red then my car's Chilli-Red, I'll see how they clean up. However I noticed that underneath the seats is some electric wiring terminating in a blue flying socket. Anyone know what this is for? Also, can someone recommend a good leather-cleaner/renovator? The leather is in very good nick, with no visible bolster-wear but could do with a damn good clean.

AmeR

Seatbelt plug. There should be one under the seats that are in the car now. Make sure you unplug them when removing them!  s:) :) s:)

I'll move this to Electrical since that's what the query is

cabbydave

Ive got some nice black seats if you want to swop

Paul-B

Thanks, my PFL already has a pristine set of black leathers... I thought the set with the red inserts might look even better, but the red is the wrong colour and will clash with my car's chiili-red paintwork. I'm gonna give the seats and cards a good cleanup with a decent leather restorer to see if it will make a change, but if that doesn't work I'll sell them on.

Tags: