Only 220 miles to a full tank!!!

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2004, 19:14

Anonymous

odub, your right mate, i can only ever get around 38L too! makes me think that theres quite a lot left for reserve!   s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

So assuming that i fill up when my warning light comes up, if i get about 330 miles out of it i'm doing: 32mpg.

If i do the rated 38mpg and drive until i run out the petrol i should get: 400 miles

I guess somewhere in between is what i actualy get.

The reserve light should come on with 10 miles to go, save me filling up all the time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Tomr2"odub, your right mate, i can only ever get around 38L too! makes me think that theres quite a lot left for reserve!   s:) :) s:)

I can confirm this, filled up with my usual £30 last night, and noticed that it was almost exactly 38 litres. (78.8-ish pence per litre). The light had been on for about 7 miles, and I couldn't really have squeezed much more in.

I'd done approx 295 miles, so that's a quite respectable 35mpg - mostly boring motorway though unfortunately!

Tim

Anonymous

Checked mine this past week, filled tank right up, I mean really full, done 303 miles motorway and urban put 34 litres in today, equates to 31.47 using Raven's method and 40.51 using dancarbon's method.

Anonymous

I tried this experiment last week. Mostly motorway and a litle urban.
Full tank of 37.09 litres (30 quid @ 80.9p)

Hate to say it, but I managed a whopping 380 miles exactly = 46mpg!!!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Most of the cruising was done at 60mph and rarely exceeding 70   s:) :) s:)  

I even had to check the odometer again after reading this thread, but its official, I drive like a diesel owner!

Anonymous

you drive like a diesel owner? then why dont you buy a diesal and you will see even better MPG. The '2 is a sports car its made to be driven mate, enjoy it, dont waste it   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

380 miles!!!   s:o :o s:o  
mmmmm i drive 110 miles a day mstly on motorway and i get 300 on the nose  s:( :( s:(  
though i dont drive at 60 jus a little faster than that  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  
i usually get 40 litres when  i fill up

heathstimpson

Quote from: "elfin"I tried this experiment last week. Mostly motorway and a litle urban.
Full tank of 37.09 litres (30 quid @ 80.9p)

Hate to say it, but I managed a whopping 380 miles exactly = 46mpg!!!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

Most of the cruising was done at 60mph and rarely exceeding 70   s:) :) s:)  

I even had to check the odometer again after reading this thread, but its official, I drive like a diesel owner!
s:shock: :shock: s:shock:    s:? :? s:?  Put your right foot down...
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Tags: