2zz Lift bolt, Fail..

Started by p3t3, May 10, 2013, 15:26

p3t3

Picture speaks for its self  s:-( :-( s:-( .

What are my options now then?

Wasnt sure if this needs to be in here or all things 2zz so feel free to move  :-) :-) :-)
Any landing you walk away from is a good one!

bap_swcc

Best to try removing with an easy out reverse thread first, if that fails then there is a good how-to on full removal here:

m http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=314525 m
The Notorious B.A.P.
2004 Black 2zz - I believe in lift power!! (although I do miss the quality woosh of a turbo)

dcod

Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

p3t3

Ah thats the link I need cheers!  :-) :-) :-) . I'll give the easy out tool a go but I never seem to have any luck with them... This is a rite ballache.com   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   Just glad I found the snapped bolt before doing the swap   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

dcod

Quote from: "p3t3"Ah thats the link I need cheers!  :-) :-) :-) . I'll give the easy out tool a go but I never seem to have any luck with them... This is a rite ballache.com   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:   Just glad I found the snapped bolt before doing the swap   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Just remember that the main priority is not to let ANY metal shards get into the engine. Good luck.   s:D :D s:D
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

p3t3

Quote from: "p3t3"I'll give the easy out tool a go but I never seem to have any luck with them...

told you so   s:flame: :flame: s:flame:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Andys-N20

High end 'stud extractors' dont normally snap, if you can get the broken bit out and buy the most expensive one you can find you may have more luck.
204.2 BHP Silver 2000 MR2, 2006 2ZZ engine, Apexi PFC, Zorstec full stainless system exhaust (including 400 cell cat & race header), titanium heat wrap, MRW underdrive pulleys, handmade short ram intake, Hondata intake gasket, Celica gearbox ratio's, LSD.
Edge 306 speakers, Alpine CDE 235BT, sound deadened doors.
Full facelift conversion including bracing, sub frame, the works...

p3t3

BOOM.. and she's out!

Bit of a school boy error on my behalf to be fair.. On all the lift bolt posts I've read I've never seen anywhere saying to check that the oil way/rail hasn't spun. Mine had spun about 50 degree so the bit i was actually drilling before was the oil way/rail... Not the stuck bit of the lift bolt.. No wounder the stud extractor had snapped ha! Luckily I hadn't drilled all the way through and the head of the stud extractor is filling the hole nicely.. i'll leave it be as it cant go anywhere once the oil way/rail is pushed back in place.

Here you can see the stud extractor and whats left of the lift bolt.

bap_swcc

Good news, it wasn't looking good when I saw the picture of the snapped easyout, glad you got that bit sorted...now just get that engine in and running  s:) :) s:)
The Notorious B.A.P.
2004 Black 2zz - I believe in lift power!! (although I do miss the quality woosh of a turbo)

2many2s

Bought my bolts and gaskets today . making sure I do this before putting the engine in.

p3t3

Quote from: "bap_swcc"Good news, it wasn't looking good when I saw the picture of the snapped easyout, glad you got that bit sorted...now just get that engine in and running  s:) :) s:)
yeah you telling me! my arse dropped out when I felt the piece snap!! I've got a few day off next month so I'll aim to swap then  :-) :-) :-)  

Quote from: "2many2s"Bought my bolts and gaskets today . making sure I do this before putting the engine in.
good luck with the bolts  :-) :-) :-)

Tags: