OBD11 Codes

Started by Jandaw, May 14, 2013, 23:41

Jandaw

OBD11 Generic DTC Definitions lists P0140  as "O2 Sensor CKT No Activity (Bank 1 Sensor 2)"

This is fairly blunt and so I assume I need a new sensor in the back cat.

I can clear the fault with the scanner and by disconnecting the battery but when the engine gets up to temperature after 5 miles the light is back on.

Before I rush out and buy one should I pursue any other avenues and if I need to buy one where are the latest Best Buys please?

s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "Jandaw"OBD11 Generic DTC Definitions lists P0140  as "O2 Sensor CKT No Activity (Bank 1 Sensor 2)"

This is fairly blunt and so I assume I need a new sensor in the back cat.

I can clear the fault with the scanner and by disconnecting the battery but when the engine gets up to temperature after 5 miles the light is back on.

Before I rush out and buy one should I pursue any other avenues and if I need to buy one where are the latest Best Buys please?

s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:    s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:

If you search you will see the dozens of times people have talked about this code. You are correct, you need a new sensor, the code refers to the heater circuit failing.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Tags: