Garage Reccomendations? S/Yorks please

Started by wilko59, May 31, 2013, 16:25

wilko59

Well just returned to the MR2 fold after having a MK2 a few years ago and after dismissing the MK3 years ago given the "lower bhp" (I was ignorant to power to weight ratio at the time!!).

I have to say I'm more than impressed, however first job is to have the precats removed (if they aren't already) I'm considering ordering a stainless manifold at about £130. But can anyone advise a good garage in the South Yorkshire area that you have trusted with your 2?

I'll also be having a service including new iridium plugs, as it's due and I can see me possibly having to have one of the lambda sensors replaced as I think theres a slight misfire. With my usual garage which I use for the Jag (chalk and cheese I know) I normally buy all the service parts myself and just pay for the labour.

Grateful for any recommendations as I need to get everything in order sharpish, the 2 is really tormenting me just sitting outside.

Thanks
Red Edition -  Widermuller\'s bling, short shifter, ultimate gear linkages and billet cage mounts.  Garage59 manifold, Proflow quad exhaust and sports cat.  Kenwood/Garmin DNX.
Previous - PFL Blue H/Top & MRs Black 2zz

swampy_donkey

Hi,

Just got an mr2 myself, so I haven't had any work done yet (touch wood). I have used in the past albeit for different cars Smiths Autos on Little London Road in Sheffield, they have always been good.
K&N panel filter - Markiii Pipe - TRD Style Bar - Chrome Filler Cap - Hard Top - Clear Side Indicators - Visor Plugs - Dev\'s Keyhole Covers - Silver Callipers - Pioneer DEH-4400BT + CD-SR110 - Red Leather Interior - Red footwell LEDs - Mud Flaps - Custom fit luggage - OBDII reader

wilko59

Spoke to my regular garage in rotherham yesterday and it turns out that he's changed 3 engines in the past. So I'm confident he knows what he's doing. I'll post back with a recommendation when all is well fingers crossed
Red Edition -  Widermuller\'s bling, short shifter, ultimate gear linkages and billet cage mounts.  Garage59 manifold, Proflow quad exhaust and sports cat.  Kenwood/Garmin DNX.
Previous - PFL Blue H/Top & MRs Black 2zz

krazysteve

Google Rob Bates in Clowne, ex scooby clinic & toyota trained.
Rebuilt our fozzy engine after it destroyed itself when the oil pickup pipe cracked.

For exhaust work Hawleys near crystal peaks, they are awesome, ask for Chris  s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  . Just had a cat back custom made in Stainless for the fozzy for well under £300.
RACING, because football, cricket, rugby and golf only need ONE BALL

Tags: