Mising HeadLights

Started by Anonymous, July 15, 2003, 18:19

Anonymous

s:D :D s:D  

Does anyone else have problems with headlights which mist up in damp weather?  My wife has a 2000 Belgian Import.  We were told this could be a warraty issue.

Great site, already got some useful ammo to throw at Mr.T in the rusty disks battle - we were told the rust was caused by not using the car enough (10k miles in 2.5 years) or breaking hard enough.  We have had all four alloys replaced due to bubbling.

Is there any kind of membership fee or joining process?

TTFN

Nel.

Anonymous

Misting headlights = faulty lights = warranty claim.  I'd be down the dealership ASAP

mph

Quote from: "Nel"Does anyone else have problems with headlights which mist up in damp weather?  My wife has a 2000 Belgian Import.  We were told this could be a warraty issue.
Indeed it is. I've had one of mine replaced under warantee for this.

Quote from: "Nel"we were told the rust was caused by not using the car enough (10k miles in 2.5 years) or breaking hard enough.
Discs are a common warantee issue and it sounds very much like you have a valid case. Mine is going in very soon for these.

Quote from: "Nel"Is there any kind of membership fee or joining process?
Becoming registered, as you've done in order to post, is enough!
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Anonymous

Another data point for you ... one week after I bought my one year old MR2 privately Marshalls Toyota in Cambridge replaced all four alloys and all four brake disks.

They also sprayed the new disks with high temp silver paint before fitting. Otherwise I understand the disks are just cast iron and will rust in a few hours. You can literally see this happening on the braking surface when it rains.

One year later and although the disk center hubs are stained from rust dripping off the braking surface they have not rusted themselves.

Mark

Anonymous

All the advice so far has been to get the problem fixed under warranty.

My car, being April 2000,  is now out of warranty. Have any of your dealers told you what causes this problem  s:?: :?: s:?:  I would hazard a guess that the  seal to the unit has failed. Knowing MrT a replacement headlight will probably cost a small fortune  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Has anyone had this problem out of warranty and how did you solve it   s:?: :?: s:?:

Still   s:D :D s:D    s:D :D s:D

Tags: