"SMOKIN"

Started by Anonymous, June 2, 2013, 15:26

Anonymous

Well I'm proper fed up !!!!
Fitted a replacement engine in my 2001 roadster   s:) :) s:)  
Runs well no misfire   s:D :D s:D  
No rattles   s:D :D s:D  
White' ish brown'ish smoke and plenty of it .  s:( :( s:(    s:( :( s:(  
Coolant level seems ok   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  
Temp seems ok ,no serious pressure
First thought h,gasket    s:? :? s:?  
Second thought ,could it be pre cats ???
Can I have your thoughts [strike:1vvqg2ug]plz[/strike:1vvqg2ug] please ..

[MOD] Please don't use text talk on the forum [/MOD]

Anonymous

I've had a bit of a read and gonna remove pre cats tomorrow just to be on the safe side .. If it does turn out it needs headgasket can it be done in situ or shall I pull the engine out again ,, Thanks in advance , Lee

Theburns1

Head gasket would be thick white smoke, no power and no coolant in your expansion tank.

shnazzle

Does it look like this?:

http://youtu.be/T0FBBLZdMGQ
...neutiquam erro.

Anonymous

Yeah but thicker and browner I'm putting that down to the dark reddish antifreeze  ,, and expansion tank seems to stay level ??

roger

Was it smoking from first turn of key on the new engine? How many miles have you and it done?

Could be burning off some maintenance oil, did you change or just top up oil when you put the engine in?

Presumably you've put the new one in because the old was was bu**ered. What was wrong with it? Maybe something is still hanging around that shouldn't be.

Not at all positive, just some thoughts that might lead us to the correct answer.
Roger

EX: \'04 Sable + PE Turbo and many other things
NOW: MR2 on steroids - \'12 Merc SLK200 AMG125

Use Spydersearch if you are stuck for information. Please.
Check my fuel consumption

Anonymous

Pretty much started smoking straight away gets worse/thicker  as it gets warm it proper plooms if you hold at 2500 revs  ,No miles as yet but been running for a total of about an hour  though ,last engine had snapped a con rod ,, and I put fresh oil in as I had to change sump ...

Anonymous

Right just swapped my engine in my 2001 mr2 ,, replacement engine was an e1z from a corolla I believe ,I used just the bare block and head with all my sensors ,injectors  manifolds etc etc .. It's now smoking a little ,white smoke when cold then lots of brown/grey smoke when it gets warmer and given a rev 2500-3000rpm ish .. No funny noises , runs well ,water and oil show no sign of mixing or pressurising .smells a bit catty (catalic converter) and or watery ????
Can I have your thoughts plz

Anonymous

To start the engine you removed was a 1zz and not an e1z. The engine you fitted has smaller valves and the ecu might not be running that engine right as it was set up for a 1zz

Anonymous

Sticker on engine [strike:47umirhd]defo[/strike:47umirhd] definitely says E1Z ,,I,m thinking that fueling could well be a possibility , would putting in the E1Z injectors in make any difference ??  Ps Thanks

[MOD] Please don't use text talk on the forum [/MOD]

AmeR

[MOD] I have merged theses two topics since they're essentially the same conversation and it may help you with your issue if you keep all the related information together. Also, please avoid the use of text talk on the forum. [/MOD]

Anonymous

I honestly think your better off getting the proper engine. Other than that your in the realm of unknown. Changing injectors,ecu etc may help. Or it could be the e1z is not a good engine.

Tags: