Handbrake Failure, Caliper Advice??

Started by WezzyG, June 4, 2013, 22:53

WezzyG

Hello, Just need a little help with regards to getting a re-furbished rear caliper. Currently my handbrake is pointing to the sky and the car will still roll forwards   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  I'm suspecting it will be a rear caliper failure (to be confirmed by local garage tomorrow no doubt), Im currently looking for refurbished ones and there seems to be a difference in 2000-2002 and then 2003 onwards (camskills). As i own a 2003 MR2 im just wondering if you guys think this would be ok, it says its compatible with 2000- 2005 which is confusing me and in the notes section it say "fitted to 08/2002"
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Left-Brake-Caliper-To-Fit-TOYOTA-MR2-CAR2149-/230966239178?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AToyota|Model%3AMR+2&hash=item35c6a91fca#vi-ilComp

Any help would be much appreciated

AndyM

I'm recalling this from a post I read a while back so I may not be 100% right, but I think they are basically identical. It was that the manufacturer changed so there were two different part numbers for the same item. I'll try and find the original thing I read.

EDIT: Here...  l viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40763&hilit=2003+caliper l
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

WezzyG

Thanks very much for that Andy ! Looks like that one off ebay will do the job then !

Yorkie1967

Hi WezzyG

I've been researching rear brake calliper's too - my handbrake is also no longer holding and needs sorting. I notice your post is from last year - was the Ebay supplier suitable? I've tried to email these guys a couple of times but had no response. I noticed that the calliper fits all MR2 MK3's on the advert, but when I input my specific details to double check it says incompatible - slightly confusing!

Cheers

mistajase

at least you noticed....
I walked out the pub over the summer to find my mr2 up someones ass (not literally!) only rolled a few feet but scuffed the bumper.
thankfully could of been much worse, I'd parked it on a really
 long hill which was quite steep.
only cracked the other guys number plate!

Tags: