Quick question on PS

Started by no1trancefan, June 7, 2013, 13:20

no1trancefan

I fixed my whinning pump yesterday with a full flush and bleed after.

I have only bled it once since flushing it with new fluid.

The noise had completely gone but i hadnt taken it for a run only done the lock to lock and hold 2-4seconds and back again about ten times, first time used it moving was today after 25mile  trip to work its hummed again. Fine during journey. Think i should just bleed air out again?

Just asking as i used one of those suction things to drain the oil out the reservoir and wonder if may have a bit of air in.

Wabbitkilla

The system is actually very good at self bleeding, so any noise is most likely just wear in the pump.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

no1trancefan

Must be air I took it for a spin on lunch break just and quiet again maybe sorted itself on run should of taken it quick run after doing it yest left plastics off in case need another mess

09/06 update is back again although quieter, prob have get motor checked. is that place in rochdale doing reconditioned ones i was never told the company name but was told it was up that way.

Tags: