How many pre-cat failures have there been in the UK?

Started by paul russell, June 25, 2004, 11:27

Tem

Quote from: "spwolf"10% seems way too high, Mr2 gets #1 sporty/sports car ratings from dependability studies, unless all of the other sporty/s cars are pure crap......

of course, these are the sites for ethusiasts talking about mr2, and hence you might see more issues here % wise than what happens in the real world.

Did you mean this one?
Quote from: "Tem"Over 10% of finnish MR2's have blown the engine within warranty...no one knows how many have blown after it  s:? :? s:?

There are 26 Mk3 MR2's in Finland (1.1.2004) and I know three blown engines over here. That's over 10%, no matter how you think of it  s;) ;) s;)  The scary part is that I only know 5 Mk3 MR2's over here in the first place, so according to that 60% have blown  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SimonC_Here"Add another one to the list if anyone is keeping one.

Will let you know if the extended warrenties are worth the paper they are written on.
Simon

Should be fine, my engine was replaced after pre-cat induced failure under extended warranty without any quibbles.

I think the extended warranty is fine for major breakdowns, the things where there would be warranty issues would more likely be silly problems such as wheel bubbling or disks where there is a 'cosmetic' element to the fault, then I think they may query it depending on how good your dealer is.

SimonC_Here

Oh well, time to see if the extended warrenty is worth the pa.....

Hang on, I've got this weird feeling of dejavu.

Yep, they didn't check the bores 'cos "nothing can happen to the rest of the engine sir" and now I have gone from almost full, clean oil all the way to just above empty, think black oil. In just over a week of the daily commute.

Time to top it up and take it in I think.

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:    s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Simon

Tags: