2 issues with the rear boot lid. Any ideas anyone ?

Started by Flipside, June 11, 2013, 17:58

Flipside

My rear boot lid has recently developed 2 issues,

1 itdoesn't pop up automatically when you pull the lever, think I need to adjust the cable, not sure how to though

2 there is a bit of play when the boot lid is shut, it can be lifted about 1/2 cm,  I'm guessing its all related to the same issue.

Any ideas on how I can fix, anyone come across this before?

Thanks
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

AckersMR2

There should be a rubber adjuster on each side unscrew them to raise the lid when its shut to create resistance against the latch and hey presto it should pop straight up?

Judging by your description of it being loose when closed it sounds like they might be missing?

They have the added task of lining up the boot lid with the rear wings when shut, if your boot lid sits lower than the wings then this is probably your problem?  :-) :-) :-)
My only car is a Ducati 

2 of the left

I had that problem 5 weeks after buying my 2 - The passenger side rubber adjuster had gone walkabout somewhere in Hampshire - Mr T supplies them at £6 a throw
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

Flipside

Thanks guys will check
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

Zonda_

Does the front have the same adjusters?
2001 Roadster, che manifold, 40mm lowering springs, BMC Carbon intake mounted behind battery.

2 of the left

Quote from: "Zonda_"Does the front have the same adjusters?
No
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM!!

OldMan

If your Porsche is not anhydrous, there IS a substitute.

Tags: