225/45/16 size ok?

Started by westcoast, June 14, 2013, 14:57

westcoast

Hi!

I noticed on of my rear tires is getting REALLY close to the 'worn' marker so I'm in for some new shoes!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:  
After a lot of comparing and almost settling for the T1R's, someone on the forum told me about the AD08's and I think I will prefer them over the Toyo's.

Unfortunatly I can only find them in 225/45/16 for the rear, will this fit on the stock 7j wheel?
These tires are allready a bit wider than regular street tires so 225 might be a bit too much unfortunatly.   s:( :( s:(  
The fronts will be 195/50/15. I think this should be an ok size.
I wanted to go for 195 originally to offset some of the understeering but if I go wider in the back I think I might offset the difference?

Tips much appreciated!

Thanks!

markiii

width is ok, profile too tall
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

markevo6

Hi , I recently refurbished a set and put 195/50/15 & 225/45/16 AD08's on  , as I have 2 other cars with those tyres on ,  so I stuck with what I knew .

I then purchased another car ( with a 2zz conversion )  which was already fitted with 195/50/15 & 225/40/16 Toyo T1-R's . I decided that the fronts needed changing so thought I would put the refurbished set on and use those .

My observation : The 45 profile tyres changed the gearing , quite noticeable actually , at first I thought I was imagining it so contacted the owner and asked him as I noticed in the file he had also used both profiles . He preferred the 40 profile which is better for acceleration , and I am now in agreement and have fitted new Toyos to the fronts and will be swapping back .

I am considering having a S/C fitted to the car over the winter , so might well change back to the 45's as with the extra power it wont be so noticeable and personally I prefer the AD08's , gutted they are not available in 225/40/16 though  s:( :( s:(  

On the upside , I purchased 2 no 195/50/15 T1-R's for £ 75 delivered from ears motorsport and they came next day , cant grumble at that at all .

Hope that helps you decide

Mark

westcoast

Ok, camskill doesn't have any stock left.
They will be in stock in august but it will be the NEW AD08 R.
I read somewhere that this will be a softer compound so not really what I'm looking for.
The current AD08 allready wear fast enough   s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:  

I found another UK supplier with the 215/45/16 in stock.
So for the front I will go for the 195/50 as opposed to the 185/55 to try and reduce some of the understeer.

Sounds like a lovely combo  s:D :D s:D

Total should be 422 GBP by the way, not too expensive.

markevo6: Are you going to mount an SC on your 2ZZ ? I'm sure U won't be complaining about the slower gearing  s;) ;) s;)  centrifugal or screw?

Tags: