2ZZ exhaust... TTE?

Started by Andys-N20, June 25, 2013, 21:08

Andys-N20

As you may know I'm working on a 2ZZ swap.
After loads of research and all I am feeling confident. The only thing I'm unsure about is what exhaust system to get. I have seen PPE's full system at about £1200 delivered (after import tax and shipping) but it's a little pricey. Then there is Che's 2ZZ to stock cat manifold (and other brands too)
The car I have has a TTE exhaust on it already would che's manifold and a sports cat be any good?
How much power would I loose by not getting PPE's system?
Can anyone recommend someone who can fabricate a good system for it? Or would any local tuning company be able to do a good job?
I'm after performance and don't want it to be ridiculously loud.
Thanks in advance
204.2 BHP Silver 2000 MR2, 2006 2ZZ engine, Apexi PFC, Zorstec full stainless system exhaust (including 400 cell cat & race header), titanium heat wrap, MRW underdrive pulleys, handmade short ram intake, Hondata intake gasket, Celica gearbox ratio's, LSD.
Edge 306 speakers, Alpine CDE 235BT, sound deadened doors.
Full facelift conversion including bracing, sub frame, the works...

nathanMR2

Im pretty sure the TTE wont be up to the job

Id have a word with Loadswine about the exhaust he had made. Really good craftsman size. Fully custom and a very nice sound even on a turbo'd car. Sounds much better than my Cobra does now (which sounds more like a wet fart since turboing) and it isn't too boomy
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

Andys-N20

Quote from: "nathanMR2"which sounds more like a wet fart since turboing)

LMAO.
Thanks for the advise, I will PM him later, its passed my bedtime now   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Unless of course he reads this and joins in   s:D :D s:D
Thanks
Andrew
204.2 BHP Silver 2000 MR2, 2006 2ZZ engine, Apexi PFC, Zorstec full stainless system exhaust (including 400 cell cat & race header), titanium heat wrap, MRW underdrive pulleys, handmade short ram intake, Hondata intake gasket, Celica gearbox ratio's, LSD.

dcod

The CHE only lasted 1 year for me then broke. I feel it's just not good enough quality for the extra abuse the 2zz gives.
Ezekiel 23:20 "There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses"

I bought a "Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine" to lose weight. I put on five stone. I blame the delicious gravy it makes.

steve b

Rogue made mine, works well 93dB.  They went up to 2.5" pipe as standard diameter strangled it.  The cobra dual exhaust it had on it when it went for a swap was so restrictive the back box went blue and buckled with the heat build up...
2002 Face lifted 6 Speed UK 2ZZGE MR2 track car & 2.7T A6 Avant. CBR1000RR & CBR600F.

Andys-N20

Thanks for that. It must sound awsome now   s:D :D s:D  .
Can I ask how much it cost?
Now you mention it, it's kind of obvious, I know they do these swaps but never thought to approach them, come to think of it I bet they have them on the shelf, If not will be able to fabricate one easy enough as they must have done a hundred.
I will give them an email right now.
Thanks

Tags: