Idle problem

Started by Redfrog, June 29, 2013, 10:40

Redfrog

I asked the same question on spyderchat, but nobody answered, so i will try to have some help over here.

I would appreciate highly some help with my cars idle problem.
I has Power FC installed, and it worked completely fine for a month after it was tuned by a professional.
Then came the odd idle problem; idle is in between about 1300-2000 and sometimes it
idles in between 1000 to 1500 rpm. Sometimes it is just fine, - stable but still higher than it should be.
In the traffic lights people thinks that i am pumping the accelerator and it is embarrassing
Otherwise it runs fine. I am going mad with this and like i said, i would gladly take some help from you.

What i have done:
- searched the forums
- cleaned the MAF many times (using correct cleaner)
- tried STD ECU, same problem exists and no CELs.
- cleaned the air filter (PPE/Apexi if that matters)
- changed the IACV from the other engine (i cleaned it thoroughly according the excellent instructions from this forum)
- cleaned throttlebody

Would the problem be related with the oxygen sensors possibly? My tuner said that the car is tuned so,
that idle is based on oxygen sensor(s) values. Or would it help if i would try to let PFC to learn idling again?
I don't know if it possible anymore though.

Thanks in advance for possible suggestions that may help me to repair my MR2.

Wabbitkilla

How many miles had your engine covered?

There is an option on the PFC commander to test all sensors, you might find one of your o2 sensors has developed a fault.

Have you fuelled up at a different filling station than you use regularly?
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Redfrog

Thanks for your reply Rabbit killer  s:) :) s:)
It has done 115 000 km = 71,500 miles. @ 49 000 km the engine had the good old precat failure, so it is quite fresh.
Ok, i will search how to check all the sensors via PFC. But if any of you have any other ideas, please tell me, as i am going slightly insane.
Tomorrow i will buy a new water temperature sensor and try some spark plugs. Yes, shooting in the dark, i know.

Tags: