Pesky Transmission Problem with SMT

Started by Anonymous, July 1, 2004, 11:12

Anonymous

Just to round this off, and give big thanks to you guys for all your help. I finally have my lovely car back and it seems to be running perfectly! Solution: It was the transmission ECU, a new one was couriered in from Japan, then much respect to the guys at Lindorp Toyota in Chester (yes, my guys gave up, and shipped my car all the way from Hants to Chester!) and they perservered with all the software problems and re-programmed the ECU. Apparently, the new ECU is uprated, the implication being that there is a known fault with the standard one, not that Mr T is about to admit that....I have been contacted by two other people who have had the same problem. On the plus side, my very limited dealer warranty was supplemented by my dealer not charging me for any of the stuff not covered on the warranty (but then after 17 weeks of waiting, I was not about to part with any cash without a fight!) I do have to say that this experience has not spoiled my enjoyment of the car, but I dont think I would risk another import...you are well and truly out in the cold when anything major and/or pesky goes wrong, and I am about £500 out of pocket as a result of hire cars & transport costs over the past four months...BIG thanks for the clues that helped me to sort this out!!

Tags: