Replacement MAF fitted

Started by wilko59, July 18, 2013, 13:28

wilko59

Cleaned my old air flow meter but seems it was beyond redemption. Finally got around to fitting a replacement which was from a Yaris, what a difference now much more responsive easier to change gear smoothly without riding the clutch. I don't know how I coped for so long. Anyway original Toyota MAFs new seem really expensive, I managed to get an almost new Yaris MAF for £20 delivered. Consisting a can of electrical cleanerfromhalfords costs about £6 if I recall,  it hardly seems worth the hassle  

Dave
Red Edition -  Widermuller\'s bling, short shifter, ultimate gear linkages and billet cage mounts.  Garage59 manifold, Proflow quad exhaust and sports cat.  Kenwood/Garmin DNX.
Previous - PFL Blue H/Top & MRs Black 2zz

stargazer30

You've done well.  I'm in the same boat as my MAF was suspect.

£40 second hand from a scrappy was the best I could find, might be junk.   £160 new from Mr T   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  Or £40 for a non OEM one from Ebay.  I tried the later but so far its not looking good.
2003 Silver MR2 - Very Very Standard + Leccy Renault Zoe aka the battery mobile.
Ex Blue 04 MR2 - TTE Turbo\'d ~185bhp/200lbs/ft, Sports Clutch, Breast Plate, Lowered & half decent audio
Ex Silver 05 MR2 -  SP turbo conversion 227bhp, 205lbs/ft, with  cobra dual exit exhaust.

trickyD

Good tip Dave, do you have the part number or engine spec which it came off?
Thanks
[size=85]Black 2003 FL Roadster - sold [/size]

Bits for sale!

My Guide to Refurbishing Alloy Wheels

wilko59

Afraid I dont hknow the engine spec, I can get the code number from the MAF unit but it will read the same as your own on the first two lines, there is a shorter code on the third/last line which is different so I assume it is unrelated to the workings etc.
Red Edition -  Widermuller\'s bling, short shifter, ultimate gear linkages and billet cage mounts.  Garage59 manifold, Proflow quad exhaust and sports cat.  Kenwood/Garmin DNX.
Previous - PFL Blue H/Top & MRs Black 2zz

Tags: