WIFI OBDII

Started by swampy_donkey, July 26, 2013, 10:03

swampy_donkey

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Diagnostic-Scanner-Adapter-iPhone5/dp/B00BHUNL80/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1374829132&sr=1-2&keywords=wifi+odb2I'm giving this a shot and a heads up for you guys on here. £15.39 delivered for a WIFI ODB2 reader, compatible with iOS devices.
K&N panel filter - Markiii Pipe - TRD Style Bar - Chrome Filler Cap - Hard Top - Clear Side Indicators - Visor Plugs - Dev\'s Keyhole Covers - Silver Callipers - Pioneer DEH-4400BT + CD-SR110 - Red Leather Interior - Red footwell LEDs - Mud Flaps - Custom fit luggage - OBDII reader

uktotty

Never seen  a WiFi one, but this looks exactly the same as my bluetooth one.

swampy_donkey

Yeah they look the same, however the Bluetooth ones aren't compatible with iOS devices unfortunately. Hope someone gets some use of this. 1-3 weeks delivery though. Looking forward to all  readings of mpg etc.
K&N panel filter - Markiii Pipe - TRD Style Bar - Chrome Filler Cap - Hard Top - Clear Side Indicators - Visor Plugs - Dev\'s Keyhole Covers - Silver Callipers - Pioneer DEH-4400BT + CD-SR110 - Red Leather Interior - Red footwell LEDs - Mud Flaps - Custom fit luggage - OBDII reader

Stu944s2

I have that exact unit. What can I say? It works, but gives an ABS light when it's plugged in. I have only used with my iPhone with an ap called 'Engine Link' interested to hear what other apps are compatible. Overall good value compared to what you would routinely pay somebody in the trade to diagnostics on your car!

swampy_donkey

Hi Stu, what real time engine readings does it provide? MOG etc? Thanks

Stu944s2

In theory lots of things can be read; MPG, coolant temp & literally 100's more I either don't understand or ever think I would have a use for! I've not actually driven the car with it hooked up and running. The app gives a virtual dashboard and another screen you can customise with loads of options.

redarrow

I got the bluetooth one and also the normal
Dionostic orange cheap reader.

The wifi one is only quicker then the bluetooth one
And cost 3 times the n the bluetooth one.

I think becouse the blutoth droped in price
The wifi one came out as a revenge to gain
Profits.

Wifi  streaming out weighs bluetooth teck
Also as time go on bluetooth going and
Wifi continues to get faster.

For us car owners and mods there no
Diffrence to have iver if doing a dash mod.

Regards redarrow/ john
[size=85]These are the dreaded code your get with cheap 02 sensors.
P0135 drivers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)
P0155 passengers side position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1)
P0141 passengers side down below exhaust position. (o2 sensor heater malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2[/size]

swampy_donkey

Mine was dispatched a few days ago, fingers crossed it'll be waiting for me upon my return from Corfu!

swampy_donkey

I just got it up and running, a tiny bit of a faff with the IP configuration but all good in the end. I will mostly be using for MPG data to improve driving efficiency. Well worth the £20 for the hardware and the software!

shnazzle

I've been using my 15 quid eBay wifi cable for over 2 years now in combination with DashCommand software for iPhone.
It reads a lot more things off the MR2 than it does off the Leon. Helped a lot in diagnosing fueling issues.
...neutiquam erro.

swampy_donkey

IS Dash Command worth £34.99 do you think? I have engine link which was £3.99, it's pretty good.

shnazzle

Quote from: "swampy_donkey"IS Dash Command worth £34.99 do you think? I have engine link which was £3.99, it's pretty good.

Prob not to be honest. But at the time Engine Link was pants!
There are 2 + points for Engine link vs DashCommand
1) Price
2) custom PIDs

In every other way DashCommand is prettier and more accurate. Particularly for calculated values, as it takes in and uses all sorts of physical constants for the car (gear ratios, volumetric efficiency, etc)

If Engine link does what you want it to do, don't bother with DashCmd.
...neutiquam erro.

swampy_donkey

Quote from: "shnazzle"
Quote from: "swampy_donkey"IS Dash Command worth £34.99 do you think? I have engine link which was £3.99, it's pretty good.

probably not to be honest. But at the time Engine Link was pants!
There are 2 + points for Engine link vs DashCommand
1) Price
2) custom PIDs

In every other way DashCommand is prettier and more accurate. Particularly for calculated values, as it takes in and uses all sorts of physical constants for the car (gear ratios, volumetric efficiency, etc)

If Engine link does what you want it to do, don't bother with DashCmd.

Nice one, thanks. I'll probably give it a dodge then. Engine link,does give strange readings on mpg, but the average seems quite accurate.

Tags: