Exhaust Quote

Started by XmadX, July 31, 2013, 22:03

XmadX

I was looking around for quotes on the exhausts. I decided I really like the look and sound of the Longlife dual/quad exhaust.

So I contacted them and I was quoted for 'cat back exhaust' at £600. Now is it just me or it that quite expensive for basically just noise or is that about standard?   s:? :? s:?
~*~*~XmadX~*~*~
*NOW SOLD* 2002 1.8 Roadster VVTi Black (Pre-Facelift)
[size=85]Stainless Exhaust Manifold / Colour Coded Side Vents / Dev\'s Keyhole Covers / Wolfrace TrackReady Alloys / Ultra Racing Front Brace / Sony MEXBT3900U Stereo / Midship Badges / Crystal Black Side Repeaters / Midship Pull Lever / Ultra Brilliance Headlights / Chrome Dials / TTE Style Body Bracing / Remus Twin Exhaust [/size]

nathanMR2

Sounds pretty expensive to me. Might be best looking at cobra which will be far cheaper
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

XmadX

Yeah I know a lot of guys on here have the Cobra exhaust but as I've read they are a bit too loud...I will have to see/hear one in the flesh first (hopefully this weekend).
~*~*~XmadX~*~*~
[size=85]Stainless Exhaust Manifold / Colour Coded Side Vents / Dev\'s Keyhole Covers / Wolfrace TrackReady Alloys / Ultra Racing Front Brace / Sony MEXBT3900U Stereo / Midship Badges / Crystal Black Side Repeaters / Midship Pull Lever / Ultra Brilliance Headlights / Chrome Dials / TTE Style Body Bracing / Remus Twin Exhaust [/size]

Jay67

be at least 1 Cobra there that I'm aware of (Richard41), 2 If I can make it down  s:) :) s:)
Jason

1999 Lagoon blue MR-S, lots of stuff

nathanMR2

To be honest they are one of the loudest (unless you decide to bolt a turbo on the side  s;) ;) s;) )

You would be better waiting (if you can) for a second hand one to turn up on here. By the sounds of it a TTE dual exhaust would suit what your looking for.

I'm also sure if you speak to cobra they would build one quieter for far less than £600. I'd consider getting some more quotes and maybe a little further north if your south
MR2 Roadster TTE Turbo - now sold and 2less but forever an enthusiast

AndyM

Just fitted a TTE exhaust on mine. Sounds lovely, would recommend it if you don't want loud for loud's sake  s:) :) s:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

XmadX

TTE sounds nice too! Where is the best place to source one of these or do you think I should wait for a second hand one to come up?   s:D :D s:D
~*~*~XmadX~*~*~

AndyM

I got mine secondhand but I think CTP can get them.
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

DinoF

600 quid?!?, I went down to long life last week and they quoted me 299

Wabbitkilla

£600 is taking the pee, sounds like they don't want the work   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Richard41

I found the cobra too loud at first but it has mellowed after a few months, have had trouble with mine not sitting square and having to be pulled into shape with cable ties to keep it in place & stop it rattling. Spot weld also went where it bolts on, not a huge problem but build quality seems a bit lacking IMO.

Fitting is easy enough, took me a few hours, TTE probably a better option   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Wabbitkilla

Without doubt the TTE / Remust twin exit exhaust is the most subtle of the after market exhausts, it gives a nice throaty sound without being too loud or obvious. The way the tips attach is a little original and needs care to get at your desired attitude but once sorted it's a solid bit of kit that will last a long time.

Cobra have a reasonable reputation and decent after-sales reputation, but IMHO they shouldn't need a good after-sales reputation if their product was up to snuff.

Normally I would say you get what you pay for around the £400-450 mark should get you a solid exhaust that will last, £600 is taking the pee.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from

eynonz

Quote from: "DinoF"600 quid?!?, I went down to long life last week and they quoted me 299

My local longlife did mine at £425 Single Exit   s:| :| s:|
*BLUE 2002 PRE-FACELIFT* - Markiii Pipe - Longlife Exhaust System - "The Ultimate Gear Shift Cable Bushings" -  Unknown Brand Front Strut Brace - More to come \";)\"

XmadX

s:bowdown: :bowdown: s:bowdown:  Thanks for all the comments it's been good to hear that the quote was in fact ridiculous and advice on which ones to look at.

Just thought I'd let you know I decided and I've ordered a TTE from CTP for £380 (more like it) on here already will be delivered next week and hopefully be on the car at the weekend!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:
~*~*~XmadX~*~*~

Wabbitkilla

Quote from: "XmadX":bowdown: Thanks for all the comments it's been good to hear that the quote was in fact ridiculous and advice on which ones to look at.

Just thought I'd let you know I decided and I've ordered a TTE from CTP for £380 (more like it) on here already will be delivered next week and hopefully be on the car at the weekend!   s:bounce: :bounce: s:bounce:

You won't be disappointed  s;) ;) s;)

DinoF

Quote from: "eynonz"
Quote from: "DinoF"600 quid?!?, I went down to long life last week and they quoted me 299

My local longlife did mine at £425 Single Exit   s:| :| s:|

Can you feel any power differences?

XmadX

Out of stock...been refunded :'( anyone know where I can get a TTE exhaust...
~*~*~XmadX~*~*~

FGrob

Why don't you speak to Kevin at Zero to see how much he would charge for a bespoke system, you should be able to get hold of him at  m http://www.zeroexhausts.co.uk/contact.htm m
Ex owner of a Black 2004 car "which is quite possibly the finest normally aspirated MR2 Roadster in the country" as quoted by Japanese Performance Magazine Dec 2010.

Classic & Performance Car Show Winner Sunday 5th June 2011 - Tatton Park - Best Toyota MR2.

belspyder

i have a apexi ws 2 catback for sale, it has only done aprox 700 km. you can check my topic in the private sales

Hockley

Having done a quick Google search for you I can't find anything, however from what I understand Remus made the TTE exhaust, and apparently a Remus equivalent is very similar (more research probably required to be sure) http://www.remusuk.com/model.asp?id=W3%201.8l%20VVT-i%20103%20kW,%202000=%3E&mod=MR-2&man=Toyota

Other than the above perhaps keep checking ebay for second hand systems or people breaking their cars?

XmadX

Yeah TTE are discontinued and made by Remus quoted me £680   s:o :o s:o   no thank you! I was told I could contact them in Austria perhaps for a TTE.

But I ordered a sports dual exhaust from Mr T today.
~*~*~XmadX~*~*~

Hockley

I look forward to hearing it at the meet  s:) :) s:)

Pavett1990

I had a Longlife and paid £559 (but I get 10% friends discount lol..

Very good quality and iv always had Longlife so only go there lol
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

XmadX

Ok that didn't go to plan. The one they ordered was the TTE exhaust which is out of stock...I asked him if it was that one and he didn't know. I could have told him it was out of stock!

Back to sqaure one...still looking for a TTE exhuast   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
~*~*~XmadX~*~*~

Wabbitkilla

The only dual tip exhaust Toyota ever sold was the TTE.

Better watch for second hand ones or get an exhaust fabricated.

Tags: