Exhaust Quote

Started by XmadX, July 31, 2013, 22:03

Flipside

Quote from: "XmadX"Ok that didn't go to plan. The one they ordered was the TTE exhaust which is out of stock...I asked him if it was that one and he didn't know. I could have told him it was out of stock!

Back to sqaure one...still looking for a TTE exhuast   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Have you tried burrows toyota, seen then sell a few.  Might be worth a call
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

XmadX

Quote from: "Flipside"
Quote from: "XmadX"Ok that didn't go to plan. The one they ordered was the TTE exhaust which is out of stock...I asked him if it was that one and he didn't know. I could have told him it was out of stock!

Back to sqaure one...still looking for a TTE exhuast   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Have you tried burrows toyota, seen then sell a few.  Might be worth a call

They are out of stock world wide  s:( :( s:(
~*~*~XmadX~*~*~
*NOW SOLD* 2002 1.8 Roadster VVTi Black (Pre-Facelift)
[size=85]Stainless Exhaust Manifold / Colour Coded Side Vents / Dev\'s Keyhole Covers / Wolfrace TrackReady Alloys / Ultra Racing Front Brace / Sony MEXBT3900U Stereo / Midship Badges / Crystal Black Side Repeaters / Midship Pull Lever / Ultra Brilliance Headlights / Chrome Dials / TTE Style Body Bracing / Remus Twin Exhaust [/size]

Wabbitkilla

Borrows Toyota are advertising items that are no longer available, they admitted as much when I contacted them about the 1000 TTE bumpers they were trying to sell on eBay.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

Flipside

That's annoying!  Sorry madi, just trying to help.

Get a cobra and be done with it!
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

Richard41

Would suggest having a drive in someone's car before deciding on a cobra, I found it VERY loud and was close to removing it several times, has done a few thousand miles now and isn't so bad but it's still a BIG difference over stock.

might be worth putting a post in the wanted section or contacting MR2 recycling on Facebook, car for breaking with TTE was on there last week but comments suggest they go fast!

XmadX

Quote from: "Flipside"That's annoying!  Sorry madi, just trying to help.

Get a cobra and be done with it!

It's ok thanks but I can't a Cobra is just too loud my neighbours would be very annoyed!
~*~*~XmadX~*~*~
*NOW SOLD* 2002 1.8 Roadster VVTi Black (Pre-Facelift)
[size=85]Stainless Exhaust Manifold / Colour Coded Side Vents / Dev\'s Keyhole Covers / Wolfrace TrackReady Alloys / Ultra Racing Front Brace / Sony MEXBT3900U Stereo / Midship Badges / Crystal Black Side Repeaters / Midship Pull Lever / Ultra Brilliance Headlights / Chrome Dials / TTE Style Body Bracing / Remus Twin Exhaust [/size]

Richard41

My neighbours not complained yet   s:D :D s:D  

Main issue for me is that at certain revs with high gears there's a loud reverberating drone, I actually tend to sit in 3rd now in 30 zones because dropping a gear usually gets rid of it, start up /idle isn't bad enough to cause a noise problem.

Sonner34

Interesting all the different pricing from Longlife dealers.

I'm getting a longlife exhaust, mine is quote bespoke as going for a single exhaust but the exhaust tip will be on the right hand side if looking at the back of the car, not the standard left hand side, it's going to be a manifold back decat exhaust. all in at £350.

I was told quietly by someone who won't be named that basically if they provide you with a 'Longlife' franchise exhaust they pay a fee to Longlife, between £75-150 per exhaust, this means should you have any problems you get the Longlife guarantee and there aftersales service, however it appears alot of franchisee's are making the exhausts 'off the books' perhaps still providing you with some form of offical receipt possibly but ultimately they are not paying Longlife. if you know the garage and trust that if you have problems they will act honourably then i would be happy to have one off the books, however you are taking a risk.

fyi, from the pricing I assume mine will be 'off the books' but it doesn't concern me too much
2004 Silver MR2, For Sale, low mileage and pretty standard

Pavett1990

Quote from: "Sonner34"Interesting all the different pricing from Longlife dealers.

I'm getting a longlife exhaust, mine is quote bespoke as going for a single exhaust but the exhaust tip will be on the right hand side if looking at the back of the car, not the standard left hand side, it's going to be a manifold back decat exhaust. all in at £350.

I was told quietly by someone who won't be named that basically if they provide you with a 'Longlife' franchise exhaust they pay a fee to Longlife, between £75-150 per exhaust, this means should you have any problems you get the Longlife guarantee and there aftersales service, however it appears alot of franchisee's are making the exhausts 'off the books' perhaps still providing you with some form of offical receipt possibly but ultimately they are not paying Longlife. if you know the garage and trust that if you have problems they will act honourably then i would be happy to have one off the books, however you are taking a risk.

fyi, from the pricing I assume mine will be 'off the books' but it doesn't concern me too much

Iv never had any problems with my local Longlife but I have been friends with the owners for around 6 years.. If the garage hand you a guarantee then obviously if its not legit then the favour will be in your hand to fight it.. But I do know the garage in Swansea are legit and iv never used any other
Japshow 2014 Organiser viewtopic.php?f=13&t=50853

If Speed Kills Me, Don\'t Cry Because I Was Smiling - Paul Walker

DaveMr2

Does anyone know where i could find a TTE exhaust at all? Thank you in advance...

Dave

Davred

Unless you can find someone selling their own,  you won't get a TTE.
Remus made them and still do as their own standard, the only difference being the tips are round.
Can get from  m http://www.dcperformance.co.uk m  I believe.  Plus Fox and Blitz nur for the Roadster.
W. Red. Black leather. Facelift wheels.Toyo T1R. Pre-cats removed. Matts TTE style chassis brace. 2003 facelift front brace, FK lowering springs, Dev keyhole covers, tte rear grille. Tanabe G-Power Medalion exhaust, JSpec nose badge, mongo's, front strut brace. Matt perf engine rebuild May 2014.

Tags: