RADIATOR BROKE!

Started by aluk49, August 4, 2013, 09:12

aluk49

Having read somewhere on here that Eurocarparts.com supply good quality replacements, I went to their site and find that there are two part numbers quoted

203820901 for £123.60 & 203820900 for £164.40

No explanation what the difference is, does anyone know?

I am looking to replace for my standard 2003 Roadster with aircon.

I am nervous of getting a £50ish ebay replacement as I have read bad things about them.

Thanks, Al

Found the post by Russ (UKTOTTY)

I bought a Valeo from Eurocarparts (Part Number: 203820901) for £76.14 with free delivery which was the best ... to my surprise it turned out to be the OEM part - it was identical to my existing radiator which when I removed I found to be falling to bits. Wow I never knew that!!!! ..

Jon_G

HOLIDAY25 is currently a valid ECP 25% off promo code... I just checked and it did apply to the cheaper rad (which isn't Valeo). Often CarParts4Less are cheaper than ECP (same company, same stuff), so always worth checking.

I actually did buy a cheap eBay rad last year. It's fine, but the seller's feedback has plummeted recently so I can't recommend them!

I can't explain the difference betwen the two ECP rads, sorry. I guess you could ask them?

Jon_G

BTW, I bought genuine Toyota long-life antifreeze for when I changed the rad (normally quite expensive, but my nephew works for a dealership, so I got it much cheaper). Otherwise I'm not sure what to recommend... nothing really mixes properly with the phosphate-based Toyota stuff, so you might be better off completely flushing the system and using a decent (non-silicate!!!) alternative.

Look for the how-to guide, as bleeding the system of air is a bit of a fiddle.

Wabbitkilla

Halfords pink coolant is actually decent stuff, I recently bought 10L of Toyota ref coolant and it cost me £50
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

tomaky

I got a 50ish one of ebay it was spot on! Would recommend it  s:) :) s:)  i also got 5litres of comma extreme G30 for £18 at my local parts dealer.
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

aluk49

Thanks all....which one did you buy tomaky?

airchief

Have just bought and fitted one from fleabay for £46 which was recommended by a member on another thread.    m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150742466908 m .   It fitted fine with no problems.

Jon_G

Make sure the one you get has an air bleed valve fitted (like the original)... some don't.

tomaky

I will have a look in my history on the pc ma bob
Off the top of my head id say the link above is the one i got  s:) :) s:)
Westfield Seiw
Skoda octavia vrs 2ltr 245bhp petrol 2023 estate
Ex-2011 Skoda Superb Estate 170 CR Daily Driver
Ex - 2005 Porsche Cayman S
Ex - 2003 Sable
Ex- 2000 Pre FL Blue THOR RACING Ex- TURBO
Ex 2004 Blue  Roadster RIP

Tags: