rear bumper

Started by tobor, August 10, 2013, 07:10

tobor

good morning guys
can 1 of you please help, i was taking off my rear spoiler for a re-spray as some one modified it with a sharp object
i have droped a 10mm spaner behined the black heat shield well i think thats what it is  do i have to take off the rear bumper to get to it or is there an easy way

Flipside

You have to take the bumper off I believe, I did something similar
2001 low mileage, mods: K&N 57i gen 2, toyosports manifold and Cobra twin exhaust, unichip. Colour coded side vents and spoiler.  not forgetting the ICE Install, stock sony head unit, sony xa300 aux input, bluetooth connection, 4 channel hertz digital amp, 2 channel hertz ep2 amp, mb quart components, hertz 10" subwoofer in the bins and UD JL 6.5 in sub. Boom!

Wabbitkilla

Try taking off the number plate and its carrier, you might find your spanner behind them.
You have to take them off anyway to remove the bumper and the plugs for the number plat lights are behind there too.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

tobor

thanks for getting back to me so soon i thought of trying the number plate but the fixings are domed or are theese just caps over the nuts the car has only ever been woked on by toyota so i have not got much idea how it all goes together

Wabbitkilla

Well you're probably going to have to drill the number plate screw out and replace them, the bumper won't come off with the plate still attached.
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

tobor

thanks verry much lads got my spanner out from behined the plate scews was under domed caps got my spoiler back on after £100.00 respray but looks better than a big long gouge in it thanks again its great what tips you get on hear

Tags: