newbie with maintenance questions

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2013, 00:29

Anonymous

hi

I have just bought an '02 model, yet to collect it, and am here for some advice if possible please.

I have done the required searches here first  s:) :) s:)

I live near Cambridge, and first I want to sort the precat thing out. Can anyone recommend a garage near Cambridge that will gut the precat for me?
Any MR2 owners near Cambridge here?

Also, can anyone recommend a garage or organisation that are MR2 experts and within a reasonable distance from Cambridge? I have heard about Rogue Motorsport but they are a fair way away from me.
I want a trusted setup that can help with setup, modifications etc. Plus general engine checks/repairs.

I have a garage in my local village (who I will talk to tomorrow) that service cars and do MOTs, but I assume they'll not want to gut the precats because of the emissions side of things?

Many thanks
Mark

Anonymous

May have answer to my own question. Pacific Works.

AndyM

Hi Mark,

I think there are some owners in the St Ives/Huntingdon area that I've seen post recently but none from Cambridge itself that I can remember, worth a search though  s:) :) s:)

Regarding garages, there is a thread about places that will remove precats for you which is worth a check. I think it's definitely worth the chat with your local garage though (I know my local mechanic would do it if I asked). One thing to bear in mind though is they may no longer feel able to do the MOT if they tow the line.

Rogue have a great rep but it seems pretty far to go. I'm sure there will be some solution closer to home. Perhaps some members a little further south could lend a hand (there is quite a contingent in and around Essex for example).

Many members here do it themselves as in theory it's not that hard, but I appreciate it can be quite daunting depending on your available tools, mechanical confidence and knowing how to get over possible sheared/ceased bits.

Good luck with your new car  s:) :) s:)

Andy
Ex-owner: 2003 Sable - Hardtop, Black Leather, A/C, lots (and lots) of mods

Tags: