Fuel pump spec?

Started by stupink, August 27, 2013, 11:58

stupink

Anyone know the fuel pump model, or even better the spec?
Going to put a referenced fuel pressure reg on either way, but thought it would make more sense to know what the pumps capable of before binning it for an uprated item that may end up being lesser spec anyway..
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

spit

Specified fuel pressure tested at idle is between 301 and 347 kilopascals, whatever they are! 45-50 psi in old money.
1999 MR-S with added C2 POWΣR

Humbled recipient of the Perry Byrnes memorial trophy (2007 & 2011)

Wabbitkilla

Considering my fuel rail will blow itself off if it's not fastened down, they're pretty effective.
Oh it was such fun finding that out   s:scared: :scared: s:scared:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Cute & fluffy animals were definitely hurt during the production of this post, there're plenty more where they came from
Aztec Bronze S2 Elise 111S
Campovolo Grey Abarth 595 Competizione

stupink

lol. yeah I had a fuel regulator crack open on an old car, fuel vapour all over a nice hot engine, what could go wrong :-

Mines turbo'ed so going to be running more like 4bar/60psi fuel pressure on boost,  just want to make sure at 300-350hp it wont see any pressure drop, not that im running that high probably but better to over spec. if its likely to pressure drop at those fuel flow rates then i'll just put a bigger pump in, maybe use the oem pump as a lift pump into a swirl pot or something, or do these cars not ever suffer with fuel starvation on track?
2001 1ZZ turbo. 293hp home build all the way

Tags: